20. The wanted boy - Part 4

(Flashback)

It was raining this evening, causing Baekhyun to walk with umbrella in one hand, towards his new studio building. Sure he had a car, but he chose to walk from the restaurant where he just had a dinner with his two friends. The restaurant was close to where his studio was located; he did not see the importance of wasting the gas of his car to just commute him back and forth. He was starting his business today, so he decided that he should be wise in using all of his asset if he wanted to aim for success.

But then, it seemed that the success Baekhyun had wished for started to get some threat, as he saw two strangers squatting down in front of his studio building. They were all covered in black from head to toe. Their hat, sunglasses, mask, sweater, jeans, backpack and even their socks and shoes were all black, making them look so much suspicious to Baekhyun. They could be a couple of thief, robber, or any other bad professions qualifying them to ruin his business, Baekhyun thought.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Baekhyun snapped at the two strangers who were no other than Sehun and Ji Eun.

"We... we were just passing by." Sehun got up to his feet and so did Ji Eun who stood next to him. "Excuse us, we need to go." He said afterwards as he pulled Ji Eun by the hand, to leave the spot they previously took the shelter in.

"Wait!" Baekhyun snapped, causing the two strangers stopped walking any further. "Are you trying to steal something from my place? Whoaa, seriously! People these days..." He put his hands on the hips, his eyes rolling in disbelief.

"We didn't." Ji Eun immediately replied. "I promise you, we didn't intend to do anything bad. We were just... hiding."

"Hiding from whom, exactly?" Baekhyun arched an eyebrow.

"It's none of your business, Mister." Sehun interjected.

"Hmm, you look even more suspicious to me." Baekhyun took a step closer to Sehun and Ji Eun. He eyed the two of them thoroughly from head to toe, until he finally made a conclusion about their identity.

"We'll be going now." Sehun said once again, as he grew more uneasy around Baekhyun whom he considered was too nosy for his own good.

"Are you two idols?" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, as he stated his speculation. "You two looked surprisingly too good in jeans and sweater."

"What?" Sehun gaped. He never thought anyone would think of him as an idol on the run. But then, he thought further, till he eventually blurted out. "I mean yeah, we're idols. That's why I need you to keep quiet about our presence."

"Are you hiding from paparazzi?" Baekhyun looked surprisingly excited.

"Yes!" Sehun replied in a heartbeat.

"Oh my god! Come on, come with me! I'll help you." Without any hesitation, Baekhyun immediately ushered Sehun and Ji Eun to enter his studio. Once he and his two guests were seated on the couch, Baekhyun took out his phone and called someone.

"Chanyeol, come here, now!" Baekhyun told his friend on the phone rather impatiently.

"Sorry, I'm on duty now." The friend whose name was Park Chanyeol replied from the other side. He was a police, a detective, and obviously he was busy dealing with some crime case tonight. He could not just leave his responsibility for Baekhyun, could he?

"Just call Jongdae, he's got nothing to do these days." Chanyeol suggested.

"What? No! He's a journalist. He shouldn't come." Unfortunately, Baekhyun was againts the idea.

"What's wrong with him being a journalist?"

"Nothing. Just come to my studio tomorrow morning, okay?"