17. The bad boy in him

"Why was I so weak back then? You've trusted me to save our baby, but I broke your trust. I should have been stronger, I should have struggled even harder to help her out safely, not stupidly bleeding too much and passing out." Upon remembering things come the guilt. Minhee stared blankly to the ceiling, her body felt so drained she couldn't even move a limb.

"It's not your fault, Minhee. I should've been there next to you, keeping you two safe till the end." Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he recalled things that happened that night. "But I couldn't. The bad fate just messed me up for good. I almost thought I would never see you again." He smiled bitterly at the thought.

"What happened to you and Jihyun?" Minhee widened her eyes, her heart was breaking to see how Luhan looked so down.

"It's a long story, and it was ugly. But don't worry, we've been through that now. Jihyun is safe, that's all that matters" He tried his best to show Minhee his assuring smile.

"Did you know who was behind all of this? Why did they have to do such terrible thing to Sehun, to Jihyun, to all of us? This is too much. I can't take it anymore!" Minhee rubbed her face and groaned in frustration.

"Calm down, Minhee. I know you're feeling left out about many things. But you shouldn't rush things out. I'll tell you bit by bit so you won't have to struggle enduring the pain." Luhan tried to console her, but to no avail.

"No." Minhee replied quickly.

"Minhee, listen..."

"I want you to tell me everything right now."

"But you might have a headache, just like the last time we were in your parents' home."

"I don't care. I swear, being left out in the dark is even more painful than suffering the mere ache in my head."

Unexpectedly, so much unpredictable, Luhan rolled his eyes in annoyance at what Minhee said. "Well, too bad. You seem to come back to your old self Minhee." He then leaned his back on the headboard, hands folded over his chest.

"What do you mean?" Minhee frowned. She was a little bit offended with the comment, yet she kind of expected Luhan to say so. Luhan acted so weird, yet his didn't seem to be unfamiliar at all.

"I hate to break it to you, but it seems that your annoying stubbornness was back for good. But don't worry, I love that side of yours." Luhan twitched the corner of his lip upward.

"Whoa! What's with that expression on your face?" Minhee startled, unconsciously backing away from Luhan. "Are you just smirking at me right now?"

"Why? Is it that surprising?" Luhan scoffed at Minhee, totally amused seeing how she rounded her eyes in surprise. Taking the pleasure of teasing her even more, Luhan scooted closer until his face was just an inch away from Minhee's.

"If you really want to learn what you've missed out in the past, you should at least start by remembering who I really am." Luhan suddenly closed the gap between him and Minhee with a quick peck on her lips, causing her to gasp in the process.

"What was that for?" Minhee put her hands on Luhan's shoulders, shoving him backward, away from her face.

"For reminding you how I stole away your very first kiss?" Luhan grinned. Though it was playful, Minhee found Luhan's grin creepy in some unexplainable way.

"You must be a bad boy back then." She cringed at the thought. The badboy personality somehow did not go well with Luhan's face.

"You think so? Well, you're not wrong about that." But then, Luhan confirmed that he was actually not a good boy in his past. He even chuckled while reminiscing his old time, causing Minhee to get goosebumps hearing his voice.