Comfort

A/N: Wrote this on a whim. Also, this is something to think about or reflect in a sense. Hope you guys like it <3

Summary: In which you listen to Shawn as he unloads and vents what's been on his mind in a long time, providing him the comfort that he very much needs.

Warnings: None and Typos

Word Count: 1.7k+

-:-:-:-:-

You can already tell he wasn't himself the moment he stepped foot in your shared home. The deep frown etched on his face was a dead giveaway and the sigh that echoed throughout the halls was so heavy that it made you stop what you were doing in an instant.

"Hey there rockstar." You called out with a soft smile, sitting up straighter on the couch as you opened both your arms to welcome him home. The corners of his mouth curved up as he met your gaze, but it wasn't one that reached his ears nor made his eyes crinkle and you can just see it clear in his face how tired he was, a sight that made your heart ache.

He walked closer to you with his shoulders slump, placing his guitar case on the floor before he dropped on his knees right in front of you, arms wrapping around your form as he buried his face on the crook of your neck, a frown making its way on your lips as he lets out a shaky breath.

"You okay bubba?" You whispered softly, fingers getting lost in the mesh of his curls, your lips softly pressed against his forehead as you held him close. He shook his head no, his grip around you tightening and this made you heart sink down to your stomach.

"Oh baby, come here." You cooed, slowly leaning back on the couch to get yourselves comfortable, Shawn quickly taking the hint as he gently pushed you back until he laid right on top of you, his hold around you not loosening even in the slightest as he found a much needed comfort in your warm embrace.

He's a big guy for sure, but you liked holding him like this, feet all tangled up together as he rests his head on your chest, your nails scratching his head in a way that he always loved, and in no time you can already feel his body slowly relaxing, slowly melting into yours.

"Want to talk about it?" You proposed in a calm tone, not wanting to push him if he doesn't want to but letting him know that you're there for him whenever he wants to spill his heart out, always have and always will.

Shawn blew out his cheeks, his hot breath tickling your neck as he snuggled even closer to you. "I'm just so drained." He mumbled and though you didn't see the sadness flash across his features, you can just hear it loud and clear in his voice, a shift in his tone that made your brows furrow. "From what baby?"

"Everything. People keep forgetting that I'm only human at the end of the day. I'm not some kind of robot that doesn't feel anything or just feel numb through everything. Just because I'm some celebrity doesn't mean I don't get tired or get hurt. All the mean things, all the hate, it hurts me." Shawn admitted defeatedly, his voice wavering once he reached the end of his sentence.

This left a sting in your heart, the hurt that coated his voice making the frown on your lips deepen. "Shawn, my love, I told you not to dwell on those anymore."

He nodded grimly, placing a soft kiss on your skin as he still refused to look up at you, to meet you in the eyes, his face still buried on the crook of your neck as if he was hiding. "I know, but sometimes I just see it even if I'm not looking for it. It just keeps popping up even if I try my best to avoid it."

You hummed, as you waited for him to continue as this was when he just spills everything out, a time when he just needs someone to listen, to be there as he unloads everything, that someone always being you for how many years now.