"Why don't you quit your job?" he said nonchalantly, putting the utensils on the kitchen table. I froze.

"Quit my job?" my eyebrows shot sky high, almost connecting with my hairline. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Yes," Taehyung shrugged as if it were the most natural thing in the world. "You don't need it anymore. I mean, not to brag, but I can provide for everything we need," a slight blush tainted his cheeks as he gave a shy smile. It would almost be endearing, if his words weren't so... infuriating. "Honestly, this job isn't doing anything for you except exhausting you. Recently you've been really tense, babe, I don't know if you realize it, but it's been stressing you out how overworked you are. Why don't you take a break?"

All I could to was stare at him slack jawed, completely stupefied.

"But what would I do without my job?" I uttered my thoughts out loud. It was the truth. My job meant everything to me, my whole world revolved around it. Without it, I was nobody.

Taehyung took a seat on the stool next to me, his hand massaging my back gently. "Whatever you'd like. You can literally do anything you'd like. Read, exercise, go for walks, watch movies. Maybe take up a hobby. Whatever your heart wants, I'll make sure it happens."

"But I love my job," I whispered, my voice disappearing.

"Do you really?" Taehyung cocked a brow, disapproval written all over his face. "Is this really your dream job? I don't want my girl to be stuck forever in a job where there's no chance for growth."

This wasn't the case, though. I had always hoped that with my qualities and just the right bit of luck, I would be able to be a manager one day.

"I'm not sure about this," I mumbled, feeling the tension build up in my shoulders.

"Well, you don't need to make a decision right away," Taehyung lowered his head so that he could meet my gaze, caressing my hair lovingly. "It's just a suggestion, consider it if you want to. Why put all this effort into something that isn't worth it?"

I felt as though someone had dropped a ton of weight on me. A taste of bitterness filled my mouth. I loved my job, everything about it. Yes, there was stress, many deadlines and a shitload of chaos but this dynamic was what made me feel alive. I adored it. If I were to leave it behind, it would rip me apart. Not to mention how much I'd miss all of my friends and colleagues there, even the nasty ones. I couldn't possibly imagine spending a day at home with nothing to do. It would kill me.

Yet, Taehyung was right that I had been feeling constantly overwhelmed and exhausted. It was true that I needed a break, but quitting?

And more importantly, why did I have the feeling that he was being pushy for some reason?

***

"I'm gonna get us some drinks, babe, what would you like that I bring you?" Taehyung asked, placing his hand on the small of my back, trying to speak over the loud chatter coming from every direction possible. We were at another idol's birthday party that was being held in a very private, secluded club, unavailable for the public eye.

Still, the place was super flashy and cramped with idols, making me feel very uncomfortable and out of place.

"Just a glass of wine," I told him, feeling my head pound with the beats of the loud music. "I'm going to the ladies' room, be back in a minute." I announced, making gestures for him in case he hadn't heard me.

He gave a curt nod, his expression giving away that he wasn't exactly happy he was leaving me alone even if it was for a bit.

The truth was, I didn't need to use the toilet as much as I wanted to get out of that place. Crowded places made me nervous, and I wasn't exactly in the mood for partying that night.