There's Something About Renjun

Jaeun's POV

  There's something about that blonde haired boy lying on my coach. The way his hair lays on his forehead as he sleeps peacefully. There's a slight smile on his face.

  He must be having a good dream.

His name Renjun. "Renjun, Renjun, Renjun." I whisper his name under my breath sounding out every syllable, every vowel, and every constant each time. His name fits his graceful features. There's something about him about that named I don't know what. I repeat his name endlessly in my head. "Renjun. Renjun? Renjun!" I whisper-yelled. I know who Renjun is. His dad is the CEO of the major technology company NCT. Neo Culture Technology. He's 19 and one of 21 brothers. I smiled to myself pleased that I found out who he was. Wait that doesn't make any sense. Why, wait no how did he end up over here. This neighborhood isnt rich but it's not poor. Why did he end up over here? Shouldn't he be on the other side of town? I'll think about it later. I lay down and close my eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.

         •

                 •

I wake up the at around 6 and head to the kitchen. I was hungry and my roommate wasn't home for the week so I had to make my own breakfast. I headed to our pantry and pulled out pancake mix.

  As I'm making the pancakes Renjun wakes up and walks over to the kitchen. "Mornin' Sunshine!" I say as he walks over and peers over my shoulder. "Morning." He says back in a sleepy voice.

"How'd you sleep?"
"Just fine. Thank you for letting me stay here."
"I'd be crazy to let you leave after what happened."
"I could've found a way home. I have my ways."
"Whatever you say crazy. I'm making pancakes so sit down they'll be done in about 5 minutes."

  He doesn't protest and sits down quietly. A few minutes later I place down the food on the table and sit across from Renjun. We sit quietly eating before it occurs to me that he probably needs a ride home.

  "How are you getting home? If you were going to walk I can drive you."
"I didn't really think about that. I don't want to make you drive me home. I already spent the night and you helped me with my hand."
"It's really no problem I don't have anything to do today and it's early so I can drive you home whenever you're ready. That came out wrong. I mean you don't have to go home now you can stay for awhile. W-wait like I- that also came out wrong. You-" He chuckled at my nervousness.

"Don't worry I know what you meant. Why don't I help you clean up then you can take me home?"
  "You don't have to help me clean up. It's not a big mess anyway."
  "Come on it's the least I could do. You let me stay here."
  "No no I really mean it you, don't have to help me clean up I can do it myself. It's really no big deal." After a few minutes of him insisting I cave and he helps to clean up.

         •

                 •
The car ride to his house is an ever lingering silence. When we get to his house I gasp. It's absolutely gorgeous. It looks like something out of a fairytale. There is a garden as the entrance with fairy lights hanging on the door frame and on a neighboring gazebo. Flowers are blooming at every corner and cherry trees blossom in the front of the house. It appears to be at least four stories high. The walls are a pale lavander and white stones tower up like pillars as support. There's a head path leading up to the door with lanterns following the path as a guide. I look over at Renjun and he smiles.

"It's absolutely breathtaking, Renjun."
"I'm glad you think so. Thanks for driving me home."
"It really was no problem at all!"

He started to get out of the car but then he stopped and turned around. "Can I get your phone number?" I looked at him confused for a second. "Y-yeah sure." "It's 822-368-9981."
"Thanks. Mines 822-776-0625. See you around." He winks at me before getting out of the car and my cheeks go hot.