Chapter Twenty-Four

Agent 5's P.O.V.

A warm body slammed into me. 

For a moment, we hung in the air, and that was all it took for me to think: that's impossible. 

No one except me can fly... right?

Then I was hovering in the air alone once more, but I could see the dark outline of the figure as he hurtled towards the building, towards my weapon. 

I choked out a gasp as he raced back towards me, my weapon in his hands. Spiraling back, it took me half a second to realize what he was doing. No. I couldn't let that happen. 

Propelling myself through the air after the impossibly winged figure, I stretched my hand up, determined to get what was mine back. Narrowing my eyes, I barely grasped the edge of his boot when his arm flew back, and he hurtled the weapon up and into the air. 

My eyes widened. 

It went off in a brilliant display of light and fire, illuminating the sky. For a moment, I got a good look at the man above me. He appeared to be not much older than me, with dark hair. But that was all I could glimpse, as he soon turned around and pinned me in place with dark eyes. 

And then I was being pushed back down to earth, the wind whistling in my ears. "Hey!" I spit out, struggling against him. But he had my arms pinned to my sides, and I could barely move. 

So, instead, I kicked him. Cursing, he drew back, and I took the opportunity to swivel around, my wings flaring up and out, furiously beating away. 

I made it all of ten feet before something smacked against my wing. I jerked back as my other wing slapped against the first, fusing together as one. 

Beads of sweat gathered on my forehead as panic raced through my body. I immediately began to plummet to the ground, and even though I tried my hardest, I couldn't pull the wings apart. I thought that this was going to be a simple mission, the end to bring about a new beginning. I didn't expect another person, much less a winged person, getting in the way. And what did he do to my wings?!

 He slammed into me again, taking my breath out. I glared at him, furious, even as he appeared to be... carrying me? Confused, I punched him in the stomach, then tried to hook him in the face. 

The first worked, but he caught on to the second, and ducked out of the way, his oddly cold fingers connecting to the skin on my neck.

I froze for a moment, wide eyes staring into his. Then, with a slight pressure on my neck drawing my attention for a second, my eyes rolled back into my head, and I was met with darkness.

---

I sat up with a start. Hissing, I moved my hand to rest on the back of my sore neck, but found that I couldn't. My blood turned to ice in my veins, as I slowly drew my gaze to my right arm, which, when I gave a slight tug, responded with the rustling of chains. The same happened with my left. 

Squinting under the single florescent light that just had to be placed directly above my head, I made out no windows or doors in the darkness that rested beyond my circle of light. Judging by the resounding echo that occurred when I moved my chains, the room was fairly large. 

The only piece of furniture, that I could see, was the wooden stool that I sat on. Biting my lip, I looked down to see if there was any way that I could use it as a weapon, and a piece of hair fell into my face. Blowing upward, I froze as I realized that they had taken my mask off as well as removed whatever it was that had been keeping my wings glued together, and that now they were drooped behind me.