The Monster at the End of This Book- Part 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What, I always get to experience it with you, I want to see what you look like in the written word," you chuckled as you skimmed the pages. Dean lightly rolled his eyes before going over to his brother.

"How come we haven't heard of them before?"

"They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one—"No Rest For The Wicked"—ends with you going to hell."

"I reiterate. Fucking insane," Dean sighed as he checked out Sam's laptop. His detailed sex scene with Cassie made you want to vomit since its with her, but it was kind of hot. "Check it out. There're actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"What does it say?" you asked as you tossed the book away.

"Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this—Simpatico says 'the demon story line is trite, clichéd, and overall shittastic'. Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it."

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better.," Sam cleared his throat.

"There are 'Sam girls', 'Dean girls', 'Y/N boys', and—whoa."

"What is it?" you asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"They pair me and you together, but also pair you and Sam," he didn't want to think of you and his brother together.

"Ew," you shuddered, only seeing Sam as a brother since you've known him since he was only one, "no offense, Sam."

"None taken."

"What's the slash fan?" Dean asked.

"As in... Sam-slash-Dean. Together," Sam explained.

"Like, together-together?" you asked with a horrified look.

"They do know we're brothers, right?"

"Doesn't seem to matter."

"Oh, come on. That—That's just sick," Dean shuddered as he shuts the laptop in disgust.

"We got to find this Carver Edlund," you sighed.

"Yeah, that might not be so easy," Sam sighed. "No tax records and no known address. Looks like 'Carver Edlund' is a pen name."

"Somebody's gotta know who he is," Dean groaned. Frowning, you took the book you had, and flipped the first couple of pages until you found what you're looking for.

"What about the publisher?" you asked as you held out the book to show them. Both their eyebrows went up in thought. May as well start small.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you published the "Supernatural" books?" you asked the woman behind it all. She had posters of her books on her walls, and soon as you asked her that question, she got so emotional.

"Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books... You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance crap. You know—'Doctor Sexy, M.D.'? Please," she scoffed.

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an underappreciated series," Sam smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then m-maybe we could start publishing again."

"No, no, no, no. God, no," you blurted out, making her frown. "I mean, why—why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series, what with Dean going to hell and all."

"Oh, my god! That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so... strong... and sad and brave," she gasped as she got emotional. Something was inside of you that made you so upset about all of this. Every word she said was a trigger for it, and you were about to start swinging soon. "And Sam and Y/N... I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in—'Heart', when Sam had to kill Madison, the first woman since Jessica he really loved. And in 'Home', when Dean had to call John and ask him for help. And let's not forget 'In My Time of Dying', when Y/N was so scared for Dean since he wouldn't wake up. Gosh... if only real men were so open and in touch with their feelings."

"Real men?" Dean asked.

"I mean, no offense. How often do you cry like that, hmm?"

"Well, right now, we're crying on the inside," you said stiffly.

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"Lady, this whole thing is funny," Dean answered.

"How do I know you three are legit, hmm?"

"Oh, trust me. We, uh... we're legit," you said.

"Well, I don't want any smart-ass article making fun of my boys and Y/N."

"We—We are actually, um... big fans," Sam stuttered.

"Hmm. You've read the books?"

"Cover to cover," you said.

"What's the year and model of the car?"

"It's a 1967 Chevy Impala."

"What's May 2nd?"

"That's my—uh... that's Sam's birthday," Sam saved himself.

"January 24th is Dean's."

"And Y/N is a week before that, you know, because she's the oldest," you said as you gave Dean a side smirk.

"Y/N's present she gave to Sam and Dean for Christmas?"

"A flash drive containing their mother that my—Y/N's dad gave her."

"Okay. Okay. What do you want to know?"

"What's Carver Edlund's real name?" you asked.

"Oh, no. I—No. Sorry, I can't do that."

"We just want to talk to him. You know, get the 'Supernatural' story in his own words," Sam tried.

"He's very private. It's like Salinger."

"Please. Like I said, we are, um," Sam began unbuttoning his shirt slowly which made the woman raise her eyebrows, "big fans."

Sam showed her his anti-demon possessing tattoo before giving you and Dean a look before you both rolled your eyes. Dean pulled the collar away from his shirt to show her while you lowered the hem of your skirt to show her your hip.

"Awesome. You know what?" she grinned as she turned around and hiked up her skirt. Your brows immediately went to your hairline before you swiftly looked away. She showed you the same tattoo on her ass cheek. "I got one, too."

"Whoa. You are a fan," Dean said with a nervous chuckle. She lowered her skirt before scribbling something on a pad.

"His name's Chuck Shurley, and he's a genius, so don't piss him off."

"Thanks," you grabbed the note before leaving the room. It's time to give Chuck a piece of your mind.