Running Away To Home

Start from the beginning

''His name is Charles. Charles Smith. We could change it too Jones if you like?'' She offered him with sweet eyes.

FP shook his head. ''No, Al. You carried this little guy for the past nine months all by yourself while your boyfriend locked you away. I would be proud if he carries your name.'' He kissed her temple and pulled her closer to him. Together they admired their son, who again fell asleep in FP's arms by the presence of his parents.

''You know, it was hard to see you with Coop these last months. I thought a lot about you.'' He confessed, his cheeks blushing slightly. Admitting his jealousy wasn't easy, but this was the moment to he open and vulnerable.

Alice smiled sadly and pressed her forehead against his. ''He was my ticket out of south side, FP. I wanted what was best for Charles. But if I had known...'' She shook her head.

He placed his index finger under her chin to make her look up to him. ''Hey, I get why you wanted to get out of here. I know it's far from ideal but you have no idea how glad I am that you are here.'' FP kissed her softly. For the first time that night she felt a warm glow through her body.

''I'm sorry we are still stuck here on the south side. But I promise you I'm going to make sure that you and Charles get everything what you heart desires. You'll be safe here.'' He promised her, a determined look in his eyes. Alice cuddled up next to him and looked at their son.

She was so relieved he was safe. ''He is perfect, Alice.'' FP whispered.

"He may have my eyes but everything else is you. Simply gorgeous.'' Little Charles started crying once more and Alice's mother instinct knew what it meant. She took him out of FP's arms.

''He's hungry, I'm going to feed him. She pulled of the sweater and parted her old t-shirt to breastfeed him.

"Do you want some privacy?'' He asked, not knowing if she would mind him staying. She shook her head.

''But if you are not comfortable I can go to your bedroom?'' She offered.

Now it was FP's turn to shake his head.

"I just didn't want to overstep. It's beautiful how you feed him. A little miracle.'' FP stated with a loving gaze at how his son got feed for the first time in his life. ''Our little miracle.'' Alice whispered to him.

**

Alice badly needed a shower after her little adventure, so FP waited patiently in his bedroom with little Charles sleeping on his stomach. He didn't even notice Alice coming into the room because he was so focused on his son.

Alice started to cry softly. The sound made him notice her.

"Hey, what's wrong?'' He asked worried, and stat up, taking Charles in his arms.

Alice took place under the covers next to him. ''I don't know. My hormones I guess. I just never thought this could be happening.''

FP  wanted to answer when there was a loud and angry knock on his front door. Alice started to tremble immediately.

"It's Hal. I'm sure.'' She whispered as quiet as possible. FP pulled her closer to him, making circles on her back to calm her down.

''Jones, open up!'' Hal yelled.

Alice held her son close as she possibly could like she could protect him better from Hal. Her eyes were shifting widely in panic. What he could come in? Would he drag her out of there? Would Charles get hurt?

"Stay here. I'm locking the bedroom door while I go to the door, okay? Don't worry. He'll be away soon.'' FP tried to comfort here, the vein in his forehead already thumbing dangerously. Alice just nodded and watched him get out of his bed, pretending to be sleepy.