Crescent 34: Hâ Mîm|The verses are correct, but the pages are wrong|

"I'm leaving amongst you a thing which, if you hold fast to it, you would never go astray, and that thing is the Book of Allah.."

-Prophet Muhammad, Sallalaahu alayhi wasSallam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ukashah kept on looking at the designs that edged the holy words on the Qur'an. They were symbols of plants, leaves, ..and flowers..

As he stood facing the stand placed in front of him, as were the other participants, the rules governing the new test were read out to them.

But Ukashah's mind was lost in a garden of its own..

He looked at the designs of the Qur'an placed before him in a daze.

The Qur'an is a garden... Their Ustadh had always told them, and these drawings seemed to symbolize that..

But why was it that, it was now he was noticing this, and for the first time too?..

All the time he had always been reciting the Holy Book, his concentration on the words left him no time to admire the arabesque designs..

Now that he saw them, he seemed to suddenly find them interesting..- They evoked certain memories he seemed to have before, forgotten..

"Hah.."His voice came out to himself in sorrow. Why was he recalling that place now?..

Yes, there was always sunshine there,
never cold.. always warm.

...

A woman with long red hair, and beauty likened to the hurul-Ayn. Her gold and silver bangles jingles in the place that smelt of lavenders and Arabian 'oud.

Her laughter was even more enchanting.. It took his breath away.

Mother... Ukashah called out.

The redhaired woman turned to him with a warm smile. Opening her arms, she carried him.

She had him in her arms as she twirled and twirled, round and round, here in the royal gardens, amidst flowers and perfumes.

Finally when they both laid spread out upon the soft blossoms, opening out their arms, they faced the endless blue sky.

"Ukashah.. recite for me."She suddenly said, out of nowhere.

Ukashah didn't understand. Sometimes, his mother would just call to him, and say:

"Recite for me.."

Most at times, her voice came out like the breeze of summer, warm and yet refreshing.
Sometimes it was so light he thought he had imagined it.

This time, it had come out as a sigh..

As if she were tired..