Chapter VI: The Massacre - Part 2

Mortimer, Sergio, Bella, and Moira head back inside Eric's house. "So, I think we've reached the end of the summit," Mortimer tells everyone. "Can we all go back as one team?" J asks him.

Eric clears his throat. "No, that's fine. You guys can leave now. This obviously doesn't have to be the last meeting, though." Moira looks worried. "But we don't have a car," she says. Nina, out of nowhere, speaks up. "You can steal ours, only if you return it eventually. It's fully functioning." 

Mortimer smiles at Eric, Nina, and J. "Thanks," he replies graciously, as the seven survivors living at the school drive off to their home destination using two cars, with the Goth family in one, and Moira, Sergio, and Lucas in the other. Mortimer leads the two cars, hoping to be lucky since he doesn't really know the best way back to the school. After about forty minutes, all seven survivors exit their cars and make their way back to the school, except Cassandra. 

"Uh, Cassandra, honey, aren't you coming inside?" Bella asks her daughter, outside the gates. Cassandra is silent for a short while. "I just..." Bella waits. "I want to thank God that I'm still alive. That you, Dad, or Alex aren't dead. For that we have this school, and everything. I'm pretty sure we killed a lot of the growlers, too-"

"It's okay, honey. But, just know we have a hell of a lot more surviving to do in this. None of this is over." Cassandra remains still, looking up at the sky. "Listen, sweetie, I'm going back in," Bella states.  

Minutes pass, and the other six survivors remain in the school. Growling noises are heard outside the fence, and a scream, as well. Suddenly, a low growling monster makes its way through the boarding school gates, and barely breaks the front door down.

"I love you, Mortimer. We're husband and wife. I don't want our relationship to end because of this virus. I hope we can still flirt and stuff, even with kids around."

"Bella, you are a beautiful, intelligent, and graceful woman. I adore your each and every characteristic, and we need to build a better future together."

Bella is silent. "What is that growling noise?" She looks at Mortimer worriedly. "I'm investigating."

Bella makes her way down the stairs, to see a dark, blue-skinned figure, a teenage girl with glasses. She looked unarmed, and was ready to bite her mother.

"CASSANDRA! NO!!!"