Chapter 9

I always loved the act of intimacy. I loved to feel the closeness of another next to me. In high school, I had two boyfriends who I constantly wanted to be with; I always wanted their arms around me, always wanted to be in their presence. As a human, I craved touch, so believe me when I say every time Axle touched me, I felt like I wanted to die. Every time his hands danced across my skin, I could feel the disgust and fear rushing through my body. After Nicole and the King left, Axle had picked me up and placed me in his lap. He sat us behind a desk as he lightly trailed his lips down my neck and inhaled my scent.

"You have been gone for far too long." He groaned out.

I started to stammer my way through a sentence as I could feel him harden underneath me, "Can- can I please si-sit somewhere else?"

He growled loudly and tightened his hold on me, indicating his answer. After some moments had passed, I felt him raise his face out of my neck and could feel him staring deeply at me. I refused to look at him, afraid of what I may see in his eyes. At this, he made a noise that sounded like half whimper have growl and turned my face toward him. I looked down hoping that that would somehow save me from his stare, but he just tightened his grip on my chin.

"Look at me, love. Let me see your eyes."

I shook my head and continued to look down at the armrest of the chair. At my resistance, the Alpha let out a savage growl and tugged me toward his body.

"Look at me, now!" He snarled.

Fearing what he might do if I didn't comply, I looked up to his eyes and saw green eyes staring back at me. He began to purr at my compliance and stroked my hair with his hand. I heard him murmur about how soft my hair is as he used his other hand to stroke my hip bone.

"You will not be leaving my side until I deem otherwise. I plan on spending the whole day with you as well as introducing you to your new lifestyle. Tomorrow we will work on getting you acquainted with supernatural rules and laws. We will be doing a tour of the pack as well as an introduction of your duties as Luna, then later, we will discuss the beginnings our mating ceremony". He discussed.

" Ma-mating ceremony." I gulped.

He grunted out his response, as his eyes began to turn black, "You will take your place as my Luna and wear my mark. Just as it should have been from the beginning."

" What happens at the Mating Ceremony?"

"First, you will meet my wolf in front of the pack. He will scent you there and assert his dominance over you. Soon after, the pack mates will come and introduce their scents to you, some of the higher females may even scent you themselves, if they feel the need to. Afterward there will be a celebration; where we will all join as a pack. The warriors and some of the mates will go hunting and bring it back to their respective mates or you." He rubbed my neck, and he finished his explanation, stretching his thumb along the expanse of my neck.

I sighed with relief as I let the explanation sink in. I was afraid that he would force himself on me in front of all his pack, but this seems easy enough. I can survive this. I noticed his face begin to soften as my body began to relax. I felt his hand move from my neck to my cheek as he began to stare deeper into my eyes.

"Many human mates like to have an added ceremony incorporated into their mating. I believe you call this a wedding. If you would like we can do this as well."

I cringed at the mention of a wedding. I didn't plan to stay forever with Alpha, and I certainly was not going to continue this farce of a relationship, "I don't want to have a wedding." I snapped out quickly.

When the Alpha heard my response, he growled and abruptly stood up, nearly knocking me onto the floor. As I caught myself, I looked up to him advancing on me. His eyes had taken on a pitch-black appearance and a beastly snarl took over his features. He began to make his way towards me and with each step he took I took one back until eventually my back hit the wall. He encased my body with his and put both of his arms next to my head, trapping me in.