Chapter 7

His body began to take up the whole view of the camera as he stared deep down at it. I felt chills run down my spine as he stared at the camera, at me. Just as tears begin to run down my face he begins to talk.

"Today, I will be announcing the execution of one Nicole Sanderson, to take place one week from today. She is being charged with multiple crimes including treason, kidnapping, and attempted murder of a supernatural. Ms. Sanderson was the roommate to a woman name Adelaide Minor, who I met after a meeting with a council of humans in their hometown. After meeting Adelaide, I recognized her as my mate and went back to her home to retrieve some of her belongings where I then met Ms. Sanderson who was in possession of blue mistletoe, which can be highly deadly to my kind and others. When Ms. Sanderson saw me, she panicked, throwing the substance in my face resulting in my hospitalization. Since her capture, we have been trying to find my mate and Luna to no avail. As many people know, interfering with mates is highly treasonous and met with severe punishments. If anyone has any idea of the whereabouts of Adelaide Minor please call the number below or speak to the authorities in your local neighborhood."

After a short pause of him staring into the camera he takes his exit. My picture along with some identifying information soon pops up on the television along with the number to contact the locators. I place my hand over my mouth covering the scream and sobs that begin to break out of me. He has Nicole. I have to go to her. I have to help her. I had been so happy and content this entire time living my life I hadn't even thought of him finding her. She stayed behind which means she knew the risk of her capture was greater. God, why did she just come with me?

I get up off of the sofa and begin to pace back and forth trying to figure something out. After moving here, I had tried to change my appearance to the best of my abilities, so that should save me some time before people realize I am the Adelaide he is speaking of but not much.

I collapse onto the sofa crying and shrieking out my sorrow. I lay their, running through each scenario to find the most feasible one that can benefit us most, but I soon realize there is nothing that will work to get myself and Nicole out of this mess. I am their thinking for hours till the clock chimes indicating its midnight and I realize...there is only one thing I can do. One thing I must do. To save Nicole I have to damn myself. I have to call him and give myself up in exchange for her.

I hesitantly look toward my house phone and breathe out a deep sigh. As I pick up the phone, I feel my hands begin to tremble. I look back toward the television and see the number run across the screen as ongoing news in the background deafens my ears. My eyes are so filled with tears I can barely see the numbers as I type them in. As I hear the rings sound off, I quickly wipe my tears away and breathe in the deepest breath my lungs can hold and breathe out, willing the nerves to dissipate.

After several rings someone picks the phone up in a rushed tone they ask, "Continental Moon Pack, how can I help you?"

"He-Hello this is," I blow out a huge breath of air, trying to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry you are going to need to repeat that you are breaking up."

I freeze up afraid to answer. Afraid to go back to him.

"Hello? Hello? Unfortunately, I cannot hear you and will be hanging up. Have a nice d-"

"Wait! I'm here. I'm... I'm Adelaide Minor. I believe your Alpha is expecting my call."

"You're the Luna?"

"Yes." I whisper.

"Well ma'am I will need to confirm that with our information and then I will pass you to our Alpha. Is that alright?"

I mumble out my agreement and notice at the mention of name her voice perks up. She must be acting this way because of who she thinks I am to her. Her Luna. After answering all her questions about my previous address, my birthdate and social security number; she tells me to stay on the line and she will transfer me to the Alpha. After waiting several minutes I hear the phone pick up.