Fight for Love: Chapter 38

Start from the beginning

I flipped, spun and launched myself as quickly as I could, determined to stay far enough ahead of them so they won't see me swipe my Survey Corps cloak from Hanji's hands. They were yelling at me now, swords in their hands and murderous intent in their eyes; it didn't matter though, they could try to look as threatening as they want but I'll always beat them.

I rounded the final corner, the whirl and snap of my maneuvering gear caught Hanji's attention and she rushed to the side of the building. It was perfectly timed because as soon as I was starting to skirt past her, the cloak was held out for the taking. I snatched it and kept moving like nothing just transpired between us, the soldiers behind me didn't notice a thing which made it all the sweeter.

Angling my body to the left I launched myself into a dark alley, just a couple streets away from the still rampaging Female Titan, removing my Military Police cloak I quickly throw the Survey Corps cloak on. My feet hit the ground solidly right when the dozen soldiers rounded the corner, I feigned shock, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

The soldiers paused, their eyes trailing on me as they pass me, but they kept going, much to my relief.

Once they were out of sight I couldn't help but laugh, the sound left my smiling lips easily, but was unheard. It's been so long since I felt this adrenaline, since I last felt this uncontrollable excitement that bubbled within my chest and oh how I've missed it.

Hanji was, yet again, surprised to see me when I landed on the roof she was assigned to,"Sakura!" She rushed toward me, catching me when my left leg gave out beneath me,"I knew I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to do something that drastic."

"I don't care. You know I would have done it anyway, now there isn't that many soldiers hanging around Levi and Erwin maybe Levi can get away." My voice and face was drawn tight with pain, my leg roared in agony, I definitely stressed it too much too quickly.

She cursed under her breath and helped me limp toward the wall,"Just try to take it easy from now on okay?"

My eyes danced over the rooftops, I could see the Female Titan from here, she was standing facing something and a black dot whirled around her, several others stayed further back,"Where is my squad?" I ask as I press my weight against the wall.

She cautiously eyes me, worry etched into every line on her face,"Jean's with them on the North side of town, they're job is to make sure Annie doesn't try to escape."

I sighed in relief, glad that Hanji sent my squad somewhere safer, my body sagged against the cool bricks and I leaned my head back,"I've never felt this tired in a very very long time." I say, my shoulders sagged with what felt like a centuries worth of stress, my entire body felt completely worthless and heavy. Like it was laced with lead.

"Well, this wouldn't be the best place to take a nap." Hanji said, eyes flickering toward Annie.

I sigh,"You're right, it's not," I turned my head so I was watching Annie,"But I still owe a Shifter a couple scars."

"Shifters don't get scars." Hanji said,"They regenerate just like regular Titans do."

I roll my eyes,"Thank you Mrs. Obvious." Amusement laced my tone.

"Squad Leader! The Female Titan's moving this way!" Hanji rushed away, after sending me a playful glare. She squatted down next to one of the many barrels, her hand wrapped around the button to release the traps and I could see her shoulders starting to shake with anticipation. I braced myself against the wall, I could feel it now, the building was shaking beneath my feet, any second Annie will round that corner. My fingers tightened around the triggers on my maneuvering gear, the blades were fine, not scarred, which meant I could use them if the need arose.