Fight for Love: Chapter 11

-Erwin's POV-

It was the scream that got me, a scream that sends shivers down my spine, a scream that reeks of pure terror, a scream I have only heard on expeditions. A scream that I don't want to hear not here, not now. I whirl around my heart picking up on several beats and pumping nothing but pure undying adrenaline in my veins. My eyes instantly lock on Sakura to find her falling, through the air, helplessly, and yet, she makes no move to use her maneuvering gear to stop herself.
"Sakura!"
I scream her name and jump off the branch after her. I stretch my hand toward her and using the momentum of my fall, I can feel my fingers brush against hers. The sparks jump up my arm and my heart quickens in outmost worry, I launch myself downward and wrap my arms, protectively, around her waist.
Quickly I clench my hand grips and right before we hit the ground, I pull the triggers and we are jerked to a stop. I exhale with relief and gently shake Sakura's limp body.
"Sakura? Are you okay? What happened?"
She doesn't reply, her body remains limp in my arms. I inhale sharply in between my teeth, alarm lighting my eyes as my arms tighten around her frail body.
"Sakura! Answer me, dammit!"
He head slumps forward and rests on my shoulder, I can feel her balanced breathing brushing against against my neck. My heart quickens when I realize how close we are, her body flush up against mine and the way her lips lightly brush against the sensitive skin where my neck meets my shoulder just sends pleasurable chills down my spine. I grit my teeth and force myself to stop thinking about my.. problem. The odds of her liking me like that are extremely slim and even if she did, the odds of me or her dying in the next expedition is to high to risk getting closer to her.
I shift her weight around in my arms, coming to the conclusion that she passed out from the heat. With one arm underneath her knees and the other supporting her head, I carefully take the hand grips and pull the triggers angling us back in the direction of HQ.
"Daddy, please.."
I jerk at the sound of a whimpering Sakura, I glance at her face greatly affected to hear her actually whimpering. Her brow is furrowed and silent tears stream down the side of her face. Her fingers tighten in the fabric of her shirt as her body begins to tremble. I tighten my grip on her body and continue flying through the trees, I quicken my pace, realizing that it probably wasn't from the heat that she passed out from. Her muscles suddenly tighten, like a coiled spring, she goes completely rigid in my arms.
"Erwin." She whimpers painfully,"Save me.."
I inhale sharply in between my teeth and using my thumb I rub gentle and reassuring circles on her arm,"I will Sakura. I will do anything in power to keep you safe."
She remains rigid in my arms, barely breathing and hardly moving, I continue to rub circles on her arm and whisper sweet nothings to her while swiftly moving through the air. Every now and then she will whimper in distress, yet no matter how much I reassure her she remains stiff.
I can see the looming shadow of the castle ahead and I practically sag with relief; deciding that I shouldn't land in the middle of the busy courtyard, I make my way to the back door that leads to the kitchens. That way, the only people to notice me will be the cooks and I happen to have a rather good relationship with the cooks. I land in front of the wooden door that leads to the kitchens, mentally preparing myself for the teasing that is sure to come I gently push the door open.
The first thing to get me is the overwhelming smell of cooking food and the clattering of utensils. The cooks eyes observe me curiously as I walk through the door.
Evangeline, the head cook, snickers at the sight before her, her eyes dance over the unconscious girl and the tense Commander. Amusement lights her pale green eyes as a sly smile stretches over her weathered face.
"O' Erwin, who would ha' known ya had it in ya?"
I roll my eyes flashing her a reassuring smile, I reply,"Calm down, Evangeline. She just passed out during training is all, no worries."
A girlish giggle escapes the lips of one of Evangeline's apprentices. The young girl flashes me a teasing smile while stirring her stew earnestly,"I'm sure she passed out from 'training.'" Another giggle escapes the girls lips.
"Oh ya poor lad, workin' the young lass to hard are ya?" Evangeline winks at me and joins the girl with a giggle.
I sigh,"You know what I meant Evangeline."
"'Course I did." She flashes me another sly smile,"But that doesn't mean the other girls did." She points a finger at a group of giggling cooks.
I roll my eyes yet again,"Sometimes you have the most perverted of minds, Evangeline."
She scoffs and waves a dish towel in my direction,"'Tis not me ya ol' fool!"
I laugh and step around her heading toward the door that leads to the mess hall,"I'm just passing through, so, no worries."
I push the door open with my shoulder and right before it can swing shut behind me the young girl hollers after me,"Don't work the poor lass to hard Erwin! We don't need a sore soldier now do we?"
I can feel my face heat up at the young girls sentence, quickly I leave the area and walk through the empty mess hall, trying desperately to get my heart rate under control. The hallway outside the mess hall is empty much to my satisfaction and taking it to my advantage, I hastily walk down the hallway.
Without running into any other soldier, I reach the intersection that leads to either my room or Sakura's room. That's when I realize Sakura's room is most likely locked, and if a soldier happens to come across me as I try to search her pockets for her key; lets just say the rumors that will be spread won't exactly be... nice. I sigh in dismay, but, faced with no other choice I walk to my room.
I carefully lay the now limp Sakura onto my bed, my eyes run carefully over her body and face. Finding nothing that could give away a physical wound, I sit on the corner of my bed and stare up at the white ceiling. My mind swims with numerous questions as I try to sort through them my fingers subconsciously intertwine with Sakura's; I can feel her heart beat through her fingers even with it being faster than it should, I find reassurance in the steady beat of her heart. I sigh and close my eyes hanging my head and allowing the steady beat of Sakura's heart to pound through my own body.
----A/N-----
SHORT. SHORT. SHORT. Yes I know that this update is short but I just wanted to go ahead and post it. So, yeah...
VOTE COMMENT FAN