Fight for Love: Chapter 33

-Erwin's POV-

Six days. Six days since Sakura was forced away from her home. Away from me. My fingers impatiently tapped away on my desk, which was covered with papers, although this time instead of ledgers that needed to be signed they were copies of the law. I've tried to find a loop hole through this law that has Sakura and I separated and even looked at the law Trent might be breaking. So far I have not found a single loop hole, but I did find that if Trent did pass these false transferring papers then he will get worse than being thrown into the Underground Capitol.

Of course that depends on what the Higher Ups want to do with him. I can only, slightly, hope it's worse than being thrown into the UnderGround.

My eyes skimmed toward the widows behind my head, it was like this every morning; I'd wait for Levi to show up empty handed and shake his head,"No mail from her today." He'd mutter.

It was any minute now that Levi would show up to tell me whether or not a letter came in. And I was anything but patient.

A knock came to my door, instantly I knew Levi was on the other side. With a deep breath I called,"Come in Levi."

The door swung open and in strode Levi, he threw himself into the chair in front of my desk and held up an envelope between his forefinger and middle,"Mail." He said with slight amusement.

With a flick of his wrist the envelope landing on top of all the papers, directly in front of me. My heart was pounding as I picked up the envelope and tore it open with a letter opener. Levi watched me until I pulled out the small sheet of paper and unfolded it, skimming my eyes down the small paragraph.

"Read it aloud." Levi snapped.

I rolled my eyes , but obliged and read to him what she sent,"It's rather odd, don't you think?" I ask.

"It is, usually they don't allow someone to be ranked up so quickly upon arrival."

I fished out a single sheet of paper and set my pen to it,"I'm not entirely sure what Trent is planning, but we need to be extremely cautious."

Levi nods his head in agreement, then stands up to read what I write.

Dear Sakura,

Levi and I agree that it's rather odd for you to be ranked up so quickly, usually they prefer to see how you'll do in the Military Police before ranking you up. Whatever Trent is planning we need to remain vigilant and stay away from him as much as possible. If you could search any locked filing cabinets in his office or in his room somewhere you'll most likely find the papers. Although, if Trent is planning something then he would be more careful and would hide them somewhere away from his office. Just be careful I fear if you're caught looking Trent might harm you. Or try to harm you that is.

In regards to searching for the Female Titan, look for anybody that seems to be weakened lately even though they're usually strong. The Shifter Shifted twice and attempted an attack upon your squad, also, due to Levi's attacks, it had to take time to heal before coming back to the inner walls. Even though it's been past a week this person still shouldn't be at their best, look at some papers that might regard to this persons training. See if she might have overslept extremely the next couple days after our return from the outside. Then you'll have the list of people pretty down packed.

Sincerely,

Erwin and Levi

Sighing, I placed my pen aside and rubbed my temples lightly with my fingertips,"I can only hope that Sakura will find these papers."