Fight for Love: Chapter 38

I've never expected the turmoil to begin so quickly, houses were already destroyed; blown apart by the force of Annie's shift and soldiers from the Military Police stood on the slope of the buildings staring off into the distance in shock. I felt pity for the poor soldiers- who didn't pay any mind to me because of my cloak -this is the first time they've ever seen an actual Titan, all bloodthirsty and merciless. It wasn't what they pictured I'm sure.

It's worse.

My maneuvering gear whirled and clicked as it pulled me through the town, I wasn't moving as fast as I would like, but with my leg I have to remain reserved until I need the speed. And I know I'll need it as soon as I find Erwin; Jean told me, when I showed up at Hanji's station, that Erwin and Levi were being held at gunpoint down this road a little ways, of course it was Trent who refused to let them go anywhere. It's about time I flashed my blades at the shit head anyway.

Hanji wasn't happy to see me one bit, she instantly started trying to push me back toward Kurodayu, excuses flying from her mouth,"Erwin will kill me!" She yelled.

I quickly reassured her of course, telling her that everything will be fine that there's no way I'm going to get hurt and stuff like that. After awhile the crazed and now emotionally confused scientist saw reason and allowed me to speak with Jean. Horse face brought me up to date on what's going on, his eyes kept flickering between my squad and myself as he told me that Armin, Mikasa and Eren were being held underground and the Female Titan is slowly smashing through the ground to get to them.

Then he told me about Erwin and with a couple short demands I sent my squad toward the Female Titan,"Do not get close to her, do you understand me? Stay close enough so you'll catch her attention, but far enough away that she can't get to you easily." I told them and they launched themselves that way, I was surprised how fast they moved, but their motions still remained timid and unsure with the gear.

And now I'm here, trying to get to Erwin and worrying for my squad's safety, I whirl through the crowd my hand grips sword less. For now. Then I see it, Erwin and Levi surrounded by Military Police soldiers who had their guns pointed at their chests, anger sparked in my chest and it didn't take long for it to grow into an inferno. Especially when I saw Trent standing with his arms folded over his chest confidently,"You're just going to have to wait here for Nile." Erwin didn't seem phased by his statement, but he did seem phased by Trent's presence.

"Alright," I breathed,"Time for speed." I pulled the triggers and launched myself toward them, the wind whistles in my ears as I flip over the small ring of soldiers, immediately catching their attention. Gas swirls around me and I spiral downward, spinning on my toes I face Trent he looks slightly shocked, but his expression cools out.

"What do you have to report soldier?" He says, he looks so comfortable and it just makes me even angrier. I was shocked that he hasn't recognized me, so I decide that I can play that against him,"Soldier, what's your name and what do you have to report?" His tone started to show clear aggravation.

I could feel Erwin's gaze on my back, I knew he's ready noticed that I'm favoring my left leg, I know he assumes it's me, but he dares not think that. Trent opens his mouth to say something else, irritation shining in his eyes,"Soldier!" He spat.

I grinned, knowing he can't see the murderous smile that graces my features, and draw my blades. The sun glinted off of the metal, I started to feel excited as I slid a foot back and pointed my blades menacingly at him. His eyes widened, mouth falling open, but before he could yell for my arrest I lunged.

The blades were quick slivers of sparkling silver as I spun rapidly around him, just the very top of my blades grazed his clothing and when I flipped upward and yanked on my triggers I could hear the startling gasp ripple through the crowd. And I could also hear Levi's amused snicker as Trent's pants fell to his ankles in shreds,"Get him!" He hollered, I didn't have to look back to know that every soldier he could order was now trying to stay caught up with me.