Fight for Love: Chapter 21

-Erwin's POV-

The words of my most recent ledger is starting to blur together from over execration. Putting my pen down I lean back and and stretch my cramped muscles; my eyelids are getting heavy and my arms are starting to feel like blocks of lead, but I can't go to sleep. If I do I will think of her and I can't, not yet. A knock comes at my door and by the side of the quick but light taps I already know who is on the other side.
With a sigh I call,"Come in, Levi." The door is pushed open an the small and obviously not happy Lance Corporal walks in and takes a seat directly in front of me.
"Sleep." He demands.
"No."
"Because?"
I'm fall silent, the words sitting at the back of my throat threatening to spill, but I won't let them come out.
"Ah," Levi says as he throws his arm over the back of the chair,"Because of the piece of shit Alex, right?"
My jaw tightens with anger at the mention of the bastard's name. Levi sighs,"Here you are, sulking, and you don't even know what actually fucking happened between those two do you?"
"It's obvious," I spat,"They kissed obviously she didn't really lo-"
"Shut up," Levi points at me a threatening look in his eye,"Shut up now."
"Alright then since you know so much what happened?" I fold my arms across my chest and glare at the smaller male.
"He violated her, Erwin, kissed her without her permission,"Levi sighs,"and YOU don't care enough to see what actually happened."
I grind my teeth together,"Then?"
"Then, what?" Levi sneers,"You walked around the corner caught them assumed she cheated and left." He shrugs,"She broke his nose and yelled at him then passed out in her room." He smirks,"The damned Alex kid has to clean the Headquarters top to bottom for the next couple weeks."
My eyes widen at the realization that I'm the one that messed up not her,"I have to go see her,"I quickly stand up,"Fix my mistake."
Levi stands up and holds up a hand to stop me from running to her room,"You're not going anywhere."
"What?!" I cry.
"First off your exhausted to the point that you can't even stand up straight,"He points out my slightly bent frame,"Second off Sakura isn't even fucking here."
"Where is she!?"
"Gone."
"Levi." I growl, my eyes narrowed.
"This morning she came to my office, looking like shit might I add, and asked for a couple days off." Levi shrugs like its nothing to be troubled with.
I'm breathless,"Did you give it to her?"
"Yes I did."
"Why!?"
"She deserves these days off, Erwin! She looked like an absolute pile of shit this morning and needs to get away for a couple of days, away from all this fucking stress."
"Did she say where she was going at least?" I inquire, desperate for information.
"Maybe, you'll never fucking know because you're not going to ruin her mini vacation." Levi snaps.
"Levi, I demand you to tell me where she is."
"I disregard your shitty order." His eyes are narrowed,"Get some sleep Erwin. I might tell you when you wake up." He turns on his heel and walks from my office, slamming the door behind him.
I growl in anger, my eyes narrowed at the closed door as I slump back into my chair. So many different emotions are running rampart through my mind with so many different thoughts that I can't even try pick through. All I know is I'm the one that screwed up not Sakura, the only problem is:
What if she doesn't come back?

-Sakura's POV-

I stare at my slightly puffy face in the dusty and cracked motel mirror; I crinkle my nose at my face and gently poke the puffed flesh underneath my eyes and cringe at the feeling. Of course, I deserve the sadness that is ripping my heart to shreds, it's my fault that this happened, so I have to suffer. I don't deserve the love Erwin was willing to give me not if I'm going to tear up his heart. Another wave of sadness crashes over me, just like the continuos waves that I've been dealing with for the past twenty four hours. My fingers dig into the door frame as I try to force the tears and sadness down, so when I go to visit Eren he won't ask what's wrong. After what felt like an eternity the tears that I was choking on is stifled and I can move without the fear of tumbling to the floor in a depressed mess.
I walk over to my bag that is sitting on my bed and open it to pull out a new pitch black trench coat with a hood and throw it on to my shoulders. With my Survey Corps uniform hidden underneath the coat, I leave my motel room and walk down the street to the Military Police Headquarters. Two Military Police soldiers stand at the front doors with guns slung over their shoulders and their almost drunken looking eyes watching me as I approach.
"What is your business here?" An older looking man snaps his eyes narrowed.
I open up my coat so my uniform is visible and quickly salute the pair,"I am here on Scouting Legion business," my tone is formal,"I am here to see the Titan Shifter Eren Jaeger."
He narrows his eyes in suspicion, stepping closer to me so he can eye my face,"What makes you think you can waltz right in here and talk to the damned freak?"
I feel a spark of anger which I don't allow to show on my expressionless face.
"Dean!" A loud yet light and amused voice comes from the depths of the Military Police Headquarters. The two soldiers spin on their heel and quickly salute the approaching Sergeant. He has saggy dirty blonde hair that barely hangs into his hazel eyes and an amused lazy grin on his face,"Leave the girl alone and send her in here Corporal Levi already told me she was coming."
"S-sir I'm sorry, I wasn't alerted of her arrival." The soldier splutters.
The Sergeant stops in front of me and cocks his head a brow raised in question,"I guess you don't remember me do you?"
I raise an eyebrow,"Sir?"
"Of course you don't, last time I saw you you were just a little tyke running around in diapers and a small Survey Corps cloak." He grins at the memory,"I'm an old friend of your Father, we went to Training together. Sorry about your loss by the way."
"Don't worry about it." I murmur.
His grin turns lazy,"Well, anyway shall I show you to this Eren Jaeger?" He steps to the side and motions for me to walk through the doors.
I nod,"Thank you, sir." I say as I walk by.
He flinches,"Don't use formalities your not my soldier so don't worry about being formal."
"Then what's your name?"
"Trent and your Sakura, correct?"
"I thought you knew me." I reply with a small smile as we walk through the winding hallways.
He flashes me a toothy smile,"Just making sure."
We fall into silence after that, an extremely tense silence that leaves me on edge and I constantly eye the ever smiling Sergeant. After another eternity we're standing in front of a downward spiraling staircase that yet another pair of soldiers is standing in front of.
"At ease." Trent says once the pair snap into a quick salute,"You two can go on break, I'll take it from here."
"Sir are you sure!?"
"Yes, now go." He motions to the hallway behind him, his smile is gone and he has a glint in his eye that is daring the soldiers to question his authority.
"Y-yes sir." They say and swoop into a quick and respective bow before scampering down the hallway.
Trent smilies again,"See how they ran away?" I nod,"Terrified bugs is what they are." He smiles down at me again,"Shall we take the winding path to the dungeons?"
"Yes, we shall." I wait for him to step into the dark staircase before following after him. Silence stretches on between us as the sound of our footsteps bounce off the stone walls.
We step into another long hallway with large cells lining the walls and at the end of the hallway a stands two more soldiers with looks of displeasure etched on their faces. Trent and I approach the pair who turn to greet us with hopeful looks.
"Sir!" They call in greeting.
"At ease,"He says his tone formal,"You're dismissed."
Unlike the other two they quickly disappear down the hallway. Trent turns toward me,"Now you can speak with the freak without any interruptions if you need me I will be at the top of the stairs."
I nod my head in understanding and with another flash of a smile he disappears down the hallway. Once I'm sure I'm alone I turn toward the cell and wrap my hands around the cold iron bars. I can see a small bundle underneath the thin blankets on the bed in the middle of a small cell. The coldness of the bars begin seeping into my skin and I welcome it as I slid to the ground with my head leaned down and my eyes on the ground. A small clinking sound comes from within the cell and I slowly raise my head to look at the now moving bundle. Eren raises his head groggily and blinks away the sleepy that clings to his eyes like a curtain.
"W-who's there?" He calls having noticed the missing soldiers. My eyes follow the line of chains that are tied around his wrist's and I feel a small spark of anger at the sight of him being tied up.
"Don't worry, Eren. It's only me."
His eyes lock onto mine and he smiles slightly,"Sakura? I'm surprised your here, I didn't think Commander Erwin would let you come visit me."
I visibly flinch at the sound of his name a torrent of tears threatening to spill, yet again,"Actually," I say,"Corporal Levi gave me permission to come and speak with you." I can clearly hear the emotionally strain in my voice and it's obvious Eren can too.
He cocks his head his eyes shining with worry,"Okay? Tell me what's been going on."
And I can't hold back anymore, everything spills like a dam has been broken.

-Erwin's POV-

The Military Police soldiers stop what they're doing so they can watch Levi and I as we walk past. My hands are clasped behind my back hiding the boy's key from view and helping with my air of superiority. I keep my head held high despite the fact that I really want to crawl into a hole and hide since my attempts to get information from Levi about Sakura is fruitless. We round the final corner and my eyes lock onto Trent's smiling face as he picks at his nails; he's leaning against the frame of the dark staircase. He raises his eyes and his smile grows upon spying us.
He pushes off the frame and stands so he's blocking the doorway,"I didn't expect you guys to come so early." He sighs and folds his arms,"Especially since the freak already has a visitor."
"I already know this, Trent. So, move out of out fucking way." Levi snaps an in surprised since I didn't know.
Trent smirks,"You're always the bad natured shortie aren't you, Levi."
"Why you little-" Levi growls. I place a hand on his chest to stop him from shoving the arrogant Sergeant down the stairs.
"Trent can we go see Eren?" I ask with a formal tone.
He smirks,"I assume so." He steps to the side and motions for us to go down the winding steps. I glance at Levi whose lip is curled in disgust and his gray eyes are burning into Trent's face.
"Thank you." I say and gently shove Levi toward the steps who quickly shrugs me off and storms down the steps. I glance at Trent before following Levi down the steps to Eren's cell. Once we reach the bottom in surprised to see a black bundle seated in front of the bars.
Her head snaps up at the sound of our approaching footsteps and her face is a white smudge against the curtain of black that hangs around her small body like a cloud. She scrambles to her feet and salutes us as we approach her emerald eyes just skirt over me, but I notice the look of pain in her eyes as she looks at Levi.
"Corporal." Sakura greets him, but doesn't greet me.
Levi nods in her direction,"How is the Shifter?"
"He just fell asleep a couple seconds ago."
"And you? How are you doing since you left this morning?" Levi asks a barely noticeable note of concern in his tone.
Another flash of pain and sadness flashes across her face and I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart,"I was doing better, sir."
"Was?" He inquires.
She doesn't reply instead her enchanting green eyes skirt to the ground. Levi sighs,"You can leave, Sakura. I'm expecting to see you the day after tomorrow in training."
"You will, sir." She whispers pain lacing her tone that again feels like I've been stabbed. She slips past us like a ghost her black coat causing her to melt in the shadows as I reach for her. And she disappears like a breath of air blending into the shadows.
"Erwin," Levi says,"The kid won't wake up for a couple minutes so go after her. Fix your mistake."
I didn't have to be told twice, I spring toward the staircase the sound of her light footsteps driving me to take the steps two or three at a time until I see the slight flap of the tail of her coat. My fingers wrap around her coat and I pull her backward; the sound of her surprised yelp fills my humming ears as I spin her around and press her back to the wall and capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. My large hands cup her cheeks and I can feel her lips trembling as tears slowly roll down her face.
"I'm so so sorry." I whisper in between kisses as I kiss away her tears and again capture her lips. My fingers knot themselves in her hair and I tilt her head back and whisper,"I should've stopped and listened asked for an explanation from you not from Alex. I'm so so sorry."
She laughs and it's shaky,"It's okay," she whispers back and my heart soars for the clouds,"I'm the one that's sorry, I love you so much and I-"
I press my lips forcefully to hers to stop her babbling and when we break away again both of us panting for breath I whisper,"I love you too." And press my lips against hers again.
------*------*------*
When I do walk back downstairs my lips slightly swollen from the kisses Sakura and I shared; I found Levi tapping his foot impatiently with narrowed eyes as he watched me walk toward.
"At least you're fucking happy." He snaps,"But I swear if you hurt her again I will kill you."
"Don't worry, Levi," I say as I take a seat,"I won't hurt her again I will protect her."

---A/N---

Daww how great they made up! I love all you guys so much!
•Vote!
•Comment!
•Fan!