Fight for Love: Chapter 24

Why Levi chose to have an early departure was beyond me, but I definitely did not like waking up hours before I was supposed to. To be honest I think its so when we arrive at the old Survey Corps HQ he will have plenty of time to clean the HQ top to bottom. Oluo and Gunther even started placing bets on how soon we will start cleaning when we get there. I, of course, placed my own bets; much to Levis dismay. Levi tried to stop us from betting, but Oluo and Gunther was just careful around Levi, but I think he knew.

 It was so early that a haze still clung to the Earth and the sun hasn't risen to burn the dew off of the grass. I could hear the crickets and birds singing outside my window and I listened to them as I packed what little belongings I have. Everything seemed too feel and look colder with my departure; the hallways felt downright chilly and my room looks so bland. A shiver runs down my spine that I quickly ignore and shoulder my bag, I have one last thing I need to do before I go to meet up with my squad.

It was so early I couldn't picture Erwin sitting behind his desk and leafing through ledgers. Although I'm almost sure its happened before, I carefully pick my way to his bedroom door. I stand there and, hesitantly, stare at the doorknob. What if he still awake? A small part of me yearns for him to still be awake, even though I know it will only make my departure two times as hard. Then again I can't leave and not say goodbye, that would just be wrong. With a deep breath I push the door open and stand there, letting my eyes adjust to the sudden darkness. Even from the doorway I can see his hulking frame laying in his bed, his shadow darker than the ones that cloak his room. 

 When I make it across his room to lean against the wall at the head of his bed I stare down at his face in silence; marvelling at his lax expression. He's laying face down with his blankets and sheets tangled at his waist his arms are wrapped tightly around his pillow and his face is snuggled into the pillow. With a small smile and sad eyes I kneel down in front of him and, gently, run my fingers through his tangled blonde hair,"I'm leaving now, Erwin," I whisper so I don't wake him, I lean forward and place a gentle kiss on his forehead,"Be careful for me, okay?" He mumbles something inaudible in his sleep and snuggles his face closer to the pillow, a rumbling snore leaves his lips and I chuckle. 

  I step outside his room and just as I close his door, Petra comes running toward me from down the hallway,"Sakura!" 

 I turn toward her with a raised brow,"What is it Petra?" 

She stops in front of me,"Corporal Levi sent me to get you." She replies and stuffs her hands in her pockets.

 I sigh and shove off of Erwin's door to walk down the hallway,"I don't know why he would," I say,"He knows I'm on my way." 

 Petra falls into sleep next to me,"You and Corporal seem rather....close." Her tone sounds defeated and almost threatening.

 I stop walking and look at her with a baffled expression,"If you're insinuating that we have something going on," She flinches,"we don't. He's known me since I was just a little girl." 

 She laughs, but it sounds hollow,"That's right, Levi and your dad used to be really close." Her tone almost sounds relieved. Almost.

 I nod my head and continue walking,"Yep, they were." I glance at her,"Were you asking because-"

 A furious blush suddenly crawls up her cheeks,"N-no! Thats...Thats not it!" 

 "How'd you know what I was going to ask?" Amusement dances in my tone and eyes. 

 She looks away,"You were going to accuse me of liking the Corporal, right?" 

 "It's not an accusation if its right." I tease with a laugh. 

 "S-stop it! You're as bad as Oluo." 

"You know I'm not that bad." 

Suddenly her eyes spark and she looks at me with a large smirk on her face,"Besides you shouldn't worry about the Corporal and I," She gently pokes me in the arm,"You should worry about the Commander and yourself." 

Now its my turn to blush and look away in an attempt to hide my embarrassment,"How did you know?" I'm finally able to squeak out. 

 Her smirk broadens,"It's not hard to figure out," She says with a shrug,"They way you two look at each other, you two look at each other with googly eyes." 

 "Well," I answer rather loudly,"you look at Levi with googly eyes, too!" 

Her blush returns and she gapes at me openly,"I do not!" 

"Do too!" I say with a playful tone. She doesn't reply, instead she looks away and puffs her cheeks out,"Aw, don't get mad." I poke her in the arm. 

 "I'm not!" 

I laugh,"Are too!" 

"Commander lover." She snaps back. 

 I blush,"Corporal liker!" She glares at me as we push the front doors open and stand on the steps. We hurriedly rush to our horses before anybody could notice our red faces, but obviously, despite our quick movements Eren noticed. 

 He eyes us curiously from on top of his horse,"Why are your guy's faces red?" His tone is innocent and so is his eyes, but I shoot a glare at him anyway.

"Nothing!" Petra and I shout in unison. 

"Uh-huh." Oluo grunts, he pulls up his horse so he's towering over the two of his. He eyes us up and down before huffing and pulling his horse away. I stick my tongue out at his back and Petra giggles at me.

 "Hurry up you brats." Levi snaps.

 "Yes sir!" We reply in unison, again and quickly swing up onto our horses. We have a long ride ahead of us.

 -----A/N------

 Sorry for the wait, but I had some serious stuff going on and this is all I could write in such a short time! I wanted to at least get this much up and I'm glad I did!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!