T H R E E

The nurses said it was a miracle her baby is still alive. She was in very bad condition, definitely not one to be carrying a baby. They checked up on her, giving her an IV to help give her body nutrition.

He was sitting in the room in a chair, watching her sleep. There was just something about the girl that caught his eye, homeless and pregnant, or not.

He watched how when she was dreaming about something bad, her eyebrows furrowed together. He watched how when he grabbed her hand, or softly rubbing her cheek with the back of his hand, she would calm.

A few hours later, and one phone call to his assistant that he won't be showing up to work, she started to stir awake. He sat upright and straight, looking at her as her beautiful hazel green eyes opened. She rubbed her eyes, making soft noises as she woke from her deep slumber.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, deciding to break the silence, gazing at her. She watched the IV in her arm in fear, not knowing what it was. He had a bad feeling she didn't have good experiences with them before.

She looked at him finally, retreating her eyes quickly. "G-good," She stuttered, quietly. She rubbed her hands together. "Thank you," She said, truthfully. She knew if he didn't take her to the hospital, she would have lost her child; she was also thankful he stayed, trusting him a little more.

He smiled faintly. "It was my pleasure," He said softly before moving his chair a little closer to her bed. "What's your name?" He asked, finally. She wouldn't give it to the nurse.

She froze before she started to shake, her body trembles a little. "I c-can't tell you. They'll come for me... They'll come for my baby. I'm sorry," She rushed out, starting to get out of the bed.

He hurried and laid a hand on hers, pulling her back down into the bed slowly. "No one is coming to get you, Darling," He said, hoping to soothe something. "I won't say anything. You can tell me your name... it's safe with me," He tried to ask again.

She slowly started to relax and lay in the bed again, her head propped up against a pillow. "Amora," She said softly. She gazed at him for another moment, before looking away again, like she usually does.

He was speechless when he heard her name. It was... unique, beautiful. "You have a beautiful name, Amora," He said with a small smile. "My name is, Jaxon," He murmured softly.

She only smiled at that.