Chapter 5: Extra Fur

Lir p.o.v.

I felt a rustling in my bed I look beside me and see that Helena is moving she sits up and stretches, my arms snakes around her waist pulling her back to my body. "No. You don't get up yet. You stay."

I can feel Helena smile at my childlike behaviour. "Sorry can't do that lizard, I need to get my pack chores done and I have a bit more cause of the battle yesterday."

I sat up quickly, "What did you just say to me?"

Helena flinched back and she looked like she paled in fright, "That I got chores?"

I crawl on my knees and grab Helena's clothing and pulls her closer to my body, feeling the bond run through my skin, "No what did you just call me, Helena."

Helena gulps loudly and I could start to smell her fear, "I called you lizard...:"

She was silent, and I was silent and we both didn't move until I let her go and gave her a big ass smile. "LIZARD!!! You already have a nickname for me!!! We are made for each other and you're accepting it!" I stood up and pulled her to her feet. "I'm going to help you with your chores we need more us time." I stand up and crack my back and watch her get dressed. I don't have any clothing, so she gave me what she usually wears. Note to self make some clothing. Following close behind her with every step she took as if we were in a spy movie, was she scared? She heads downstairs and makes a right and heads to the front door. She leaves the shack and heads to what smells like a kitchen. She puts on an apron and then tells me to wait here. She looks around the room and into some other rooms she shrugged her shoulders. "I Guess you will met Henry later." She takes some pans down from the top shelf I watched her and then help her.

"Henery is the cook and I'm surprised he's not up yet, he likes to get ready for the three meals of the day way early in the morning." Helena walks over to the chart on the side and reads it and nod's looks like we need to make pancakes and that's about a totalled of 140 maybe 190 cause I'm sure the pups want some too. With sides of bacon, sausage, ham and hash browns. They can get their own drinks. She sets me up at a station and I look at her, "You want me to stand here? I want to help!"

She smiles and me and laughs. "That's what you're about to do."

I look at her with all the seriousness I can muster. "Good I would like to be helpful, still there is a tiny problem."

She gives me a smirk, "What could this tiny problem be?"

I blushed and then puffed out my chest willing myself to tell the truth.
"I don't know how to cook?"

She turns on the burners and grabs the plates and severing platers. Putting them on the side, "Just put the ingredient all in that bowl over there. I look at the bowl and the stuff on the counter and start pouring things in I was about to pour the salt when she spoke, "only use a few handfuls of that." I did as I was told, next was milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Three sticks of butter and four litters of milk and a bottle of vanilla and I looked at the eggs and tapped them. "You put eggs in this?"

She looked at me holding the carton of eggs and the bowl and a mostly empty counter. "Yes, what's wrong with that?"

She looks at me sadly "but life is in these eggs?"

She walks over and take an egg and taps it on the edge of the metal bowl letting the inside just fall out. "See, no babe chicken, their unfertile eggs so we aren't eating the life inside it."

I looked at the eggs and started cracking and I started to cry a little bit more every time. She was looking at me like I was a freak, "What is your problem?" I looked at her and was now fully sobbing, "Don't yell at me! I was an egg once too!"