Chapter 1: Becoming the Dragon

It's the middle of winter the snow is thick and it's a white out storm right now. My wolf took over my body because I'm not strong enough to fight the cold. My body was slowly shutting down cause of frostbite. I was running in nothing but a thin cotton shirt and shorts, my body hurts, my mind is racing, but most of all my heart was breaking I let them in and they trade me off like a cheap package and then mistreat me why? What was the point? It was everything I could ever hope to have. His tall muscular body, his babe blue eye, his voice that commands me to obey. He was my last puzzle piece to a puzzle I started solving years ago. Yet, I still see her face she was the one who fixed me and then traded me and for what!

My wolf couldn't take the sting ice any better than I could she eventually fell shivering and breathing slowly as the snow and ice built around me. I urged her to switch places with me not wanting her to go thought the pain of being frozen alive, she deserves so much more then this.

I was finally able to take control and shift back forcefully, leaving us extremely weak over the battle of dominance. I shivered as the icy winds sweep over my body. I was resigned to my fate ready to go at any moment. There in the distance I saw a figure tall, strong, gorgeous silhouette ice frozen my hair and my chin I keep seeing my breath.

"Help me? Please help me? LUCAS!"

The figure came closer, but it was blurry the closer it got the more it disappeared, until I passed out.

P.O.V.

1 year earlier....

Groaning loudly in my desk just wishing this class was over as the teacher droned on about the Four main Elements a Dragon could have. This would have been exciting if this was a brand-new topic unfortunately, I know all about the elements. I'm 16 right now and I already met my dragon half her name is Caleron and thats only half of me there is also a big brown bear named Ozhe that has this armour that materialize as I shift or supposed to I really couldn't tell you the details I have only been able to talk to them so far. I haven't even told my parents about it yet not sure even if I will, they are always busy doing something they don't even sit down to eat with me anymore.

"Ms. Lir.... Ms.Lir? Lir! Are you even listening?"

Looking up I see my teacher glaring at me, I shrugged. "No."

She was about to throw a text book at me when she stopped and sighed, "how about you answer question 10 if you get it right you can leave early?"

I looked at the teacher and opened my textbook she of course thought I wasn't paying attention again which I wasn't because I already finished the chapter. "What are the base blocks of dragon elements please list them and there description? So, there are two ways to answer this question. First way is called emotional. Fire is foraged by anger just like any uncontrolled wildfire but once honed you can say the fire element is more like vengeance. Water is like Air both move with uncanny playfulness. But water is more of a sense of accomplishment from hard work and success. Air is the total embodiment of happiness. Last is earth the emotion of a strong will or in other words calm and serenity. The second way you can describe the base elements are the levels of earth. Fire the centre, earth the middle, water is the third layer and air the outer layer."

The class sat in silence as I explained the question once again showing up the teacher at her own job. I looked at them and they were silent until the teacher cleared her throat and angerly dismissed me. I shut my books and packed up and left the classroom.

Walking home wasn't to long of a stretch everything is conveniently close. I live on the top of a mountain pass with a heard of dragons that live in peace and harmony. Most of the living spaces were carved right into the stone around us and tunnel deep into the stone. We have three elders that have a powerful element and that protect us from the other nations from down bellow. No need to go to the valley we had all we need water pools at the bottom of the carved-out caves it's a bit like a lake and all the living spaces are above it.