Chapter 3: The Bond

Helena's p.o.v

When Henry told me about Revenna and Gail wanting to see me I happily ran out the kitchen, Revenna was like a mother to me. She accepted the fact I was an omega and has healed me countless times from injuries I have sustained from the pack. Revenna of course was the pack doctor she was great at what she did and always tried to keep an eye out for me. Revenna's recovery ward was located underground under the mating stone. Walking pass the stone I felt my bond though the stone and then disappearing on the other side. Gail said that the stone was made by our forefathers to create magical bonds to help us find our mates the one and only people who would love us unconditionally. I was sadden as I touched the stone apparently it didn't work for me cause I'm now mate-less how could he just rejected me like that just cause of my rank.

Shaking the bad thoughts and the events that just happened I went inside the underground recovery. I stepped quickly down the steps until I reached the bottom. "Revenna, where are you?" No one replied and as I continued, I saw a couple injured wolves there wounds weren't deadly but they did look painful one of the half delirious wolves reached out and grabbed my wrist. "water.... I need water." I shook his hand off me and went to grab him water returning with a ladle and a pail. I gave him his fill and left him to rest.

"Revenna!" I yelled a tab bit louder and finally had a response. "Oh, Helena just the wolf I wanted to see."

Revenna walked out from behind a stone wall with bandages and pills in hand. I looked at her and relieved some of the other items she was juggling in the other hands. "You asked for me Revenna? Henery said you wanted to see me?"

Revenna was a energetic mess, "yes I wanted to do some tests to see if your wolf can be awakened using force. I have read that even if blessed rank of an omega some times a stronger healthy wolf can bring you out of such predicaments."

I looked at Revenna and the items now in my arms, "Revenna I know you just want to watch out for me but forcing a wolf to awaken when its not ready can be dangerous, I could end up as a potato."

Revenna looks though her books flipping the pages and getting a needle ready. "Ya sure you could but you would have to had gone though something horrible like a mate's rejection."

I looked down at my feet and fell quite remembering what happened. "Then we definitely can't go though with this." I sat down on one of the stone benches and gave a fake smile that quickly disappeared.

Revenna stopped her movement and swallowed hard, "your joking right now aren't you? Who is he? I will kill him for hurting you."

I sat there not sure what to say I still don't believe it myself but he did reject me he did leave me for a different path. Yet something in my soul told me other wise as if the rejection wasn't valid, there was a piece missing in this puzzle. "Lucas was my mate, he came to me in the forest while I gathered herbs for Henry. His scent, the bond, the pull and his very presents told me I was his and if that wasn't enough the rejection confirmed it was him. Yet his smell still ligers and a bond still pulls. Revenna his rejection does hurt like the lessons have taught us it would."

Revenna took the spot beside me on the stone bench, "perhaps the bond was to strong for only one person to break maybe you had to reject him as well instead of just accepting it? Or maybe he wasn't your mate in the first place."

Helena had an expression of careful thought written all over her face, "I don't know what it is but we can't force my wolf to do anything yet. I think it's sleeping for a reason and when it awakes it will tell me everything I need to know."

Helena stood up and dusted her long skirt off, she looked at each of the men who were wounded, "I think you have somethings to attend to thanks for trying thou it's nice to be reminded that someone still cares."