Chapter 33

The next morning Demi and Odell didn't say a word to each other. They just sat in awkward silence, they all met up at the school. Demi walked away from Odell leaving him with her mom, Dwayne, and Kehlani's brother.

"Did y'all talk?" Kehlani asked.

"No, we didn't say a word to each other" Demi said wiping under her eyes as she felt tears starting to form.

"Don't cry here Dems, we can go to the doctor tomorrow if you want" Clarence said holding her hands.

Odell followed Demi's parents inside sitting next to Dwayne. Demi mom didn't know that Odell was Demi's old teacher and he was trying to keep it that way so when teachers came up to him trying to talk he just kept it short.

......

" I'm so proud of you guys" Carol said when they met up after the graduation.

" I can't believe we graduated" Kehlani said smiling at her friends.

" I'm proud of you" Odell said to Demi pulling her in a hug.

" thanks" she said with a little smirk on her face.

Demi was happy but she wasn't, she knew she needed to talk to Odell about this baby situation. They all went back to Demi's house to have dinner but Demi dragged Odell upstairs to her room.

"We need to talk about this baby" Demi said.

"We can go to one of those abortion clinics tomorrow, your parents don't have to know" Odell said.

"What?..... you want to kill our baby?" Demi asked in shocked.

"Baby you too young, you got a bright future ahead of you and I'm getting back into football we not gonna have time for a baby" Odell said.

"And I'm willing to hold off on my dreams for my baby. I'm not killing our child because you're not ready to settle down" Demi cried.

"Demi it's for the best, you can't take care no baby"

"No! IT'S WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU!!" She sobbed.

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT HOW I FEEL ABOUT ALL THIS! ITS HARD ON ME TOO!" Demi yelled.

"I already know how you fuckin feel! You wanted my baby since day one but I'm not cool with this at all. I'm not ready to be a dad right now" Odell said.

Demi stared at Odell letting the tears just fall from her eyes.

"Then leave" she said.

"W-What?" Odell asked not processing what Demi just said.

"Leave. Because if you don't want this baby then you don't want me" she said.

Odell nodded his head before walking out the room, slamming the door in the process. He walked pass everyone ignoring their questions. Carla was the first one up the stairs to see what was going on. Getting to the room Carla seen her daughter on the floor sobbing.

"Oh sweetie what happened?" Asked sitting next to Demi pulling her in a hug.

Demi looked at her mom afraid to even tell her at this point.

" you can tell me Demetria what's going on? Do you need them to step out the room?" She asked.

" I'm pregnant" she cried.

" he doesn't want it but I do. I laid down to have it and now I'm taking responsibility...... I can't kill my baby"

"You don't have to baby girl" Dwayne said moving to sitting on the other side of her.

Carla haven't said anything, still shock that her 18 year old daughter is pregnant. She had Demi when she was 26 and she was hoping her daughter would follow in her footsteps.

" mama I know you're not happy but I'm sorry" she said.

" shhh sweetie it's ok, Mama's got you" she said hugging her head.

//////

" the gel is really cold baby girl" Carla said as she pressed the scanning tool thingy on her stomach.

Carla moves it around until she found the baby. She still couldn't believe her daughter was pregnant.

"Where's the baby?" Demi asked.

" right there" Carla said pointing it out to them.

" aweee look at auntie peanut" Kehlani said smiling.

" I don't see it" Clarence said getting closer to the screen.

"You see this right here? This whole thing is the baby" Carla said outlining it for him.

" you do know that you're 2 months right?" She asked her daughter.

" I didn't. I threw up the night before graduation and Odell just went to the store and brought the test" she said.

" let's listen to the heartbeat" she said.

As soon as the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room Demi started tearing up. She actually had a baby growing inside her, she felt in love.

.......

Sitting on her bed Demi took a picture of the ultrasound sending it to Odell.

Demi: OUR baby we created together rather you like it or not. I heard the heartbeat today and it was the most amazing thing I ever heard, I just wish you were there with me to experience it.

———————————————————

A/N: should the baby be a boy or girl?🤔