Fever

chaeyoung wakes up feeling safe in a pair of strong arms.

taehyung.

she looks over to see his hair tousled, his nostrils flaring slightly, matching his slow, breathing pattern in his sleep.

she snuggles up against him, chest to chest, her HEARTBEAT~ slowly catching up to his, as if their bodies reacted simultaneously to their warm touch.

both of their bodies are buried under the covers, yet she can see his silhouette from the orange morning light peering in.

she slowly pries herself from his tight grip and slowly walks from the couch.

the house seems super familiar but she's never actually seen it.

the last time she was here she was asleep, so all she remembers was being at mcdonald's with tae and then waking up in his bed.

her body feels super weak for some reason and the pain from the bruises are slowing her down.

she slithers through the house studying all the rooms until she finds a bathroom.

"he's gotta have an extra toothbrush in here." she mumbles as she opens the cabinet.

and she found the packaged travel toothbrush and toothpaste kit on her first try.

she sloppily brushes her teeth since her body is not cooperating with her.

after she's done she finally makes her way back to the living room where taehyung is.

she was a few steps away from taehyung but she couldn't make it.

her body feeling 20 times heavier finally hit the floor.

by the second it was getting hotter and harder to breathe.

her back up against the couch taehyung where was sound asleep.

her head fell back resting on the cushion.

body aching, cheeks burning with the flush of fever.

she was so cold but her body was just so hot.

she would've cried for taehyung but there was no strength in her voice, just a whisper.

her breath quivered in short, quick gasps every time she inhaled, her lungs having no choice but to painfully and rigidly take in the chilled air around her.

she didn't have anymore energy to sit herself up so she let her body flop down, half of her body on the carpet and the other half on the cold tile.

she couldn't seem to stop shaking either.

sometimes it was rough, other times she could manage, but every time she'd get close to sleep, a spell of violent shaking would force her awake.

'i was barely in the rain. why am i dying?'

"i'll get better, i'll get better. this is what you get for hurting taehyung anyways. deal with it." she whispered to herself rubbing her arms to desperately trying to calm the chills that kept running up and down her spine making her skin crawl.

a layer of sweat on her entire body as her eyes grew heavier.

"t-tae...taehyung" she whispered weakly tapping the couch and lightly tugging the blankets he was under.

she looked around hoping taehyung would wake up.

she didn't want to be selfish especially right now but she can't take any more.

she weakly looks around seeing taehyung opened mouthed catching z's in her blurred vision.

the weakly reaches for the tablecloth as her fingertips barely grasp it.

she lets her arm fall pulling the remote down hopefully enough noise to wake taehyung up.