16 - What Even Are You?

Morning came so agonizingly slow when you're trying to sleep but your racing mind prevents you from getting anything more than a wink.

At least now the sun had finally peeked around the horizon, shining some very much welcomed light into Seokjin's temporary room.

He got up from Yoongi's bed. The other members are most likely still asleep this early in the morning. Seokjin would use the opportunity to relax in the kitchen for a while, maybe he can find some tea or coffee in the cupboards somewhere. Anything's better than that bleak lonely room he's spend to night in.

He went down to the kitchen, only to stop when he saw Hoseok sitting on the table nursing a cup of coffee.

Seokjin narrowed and rubbed his eyes. "Hobi?"

Hoseok's head shifted around and when he spotted Seokjin gave him a smile as bright as the sun. "Oh, morning hyung!"

"Why are you up so early?"

Hoseok shrugged. "I just wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet for once. The dorm's always so noisy and I've been having a lot of stuff on my mind."

Seokjin huffed. "That makes two of us," he said under his breath.

But then he felt the dancer's eyes washing over and analyzing him. Hoseok tilted his head, worry etched to his face. "Hyung, you don't look so good. Did you not get a good night's sleep?"

Seokjin tried to look nonchalant as he bit down on his lips and crossed his arms, memories of last night lost at the balcony flying back to his head. "No," he answered truthfully. "No, not really."

"Is it because of- y'know? This whole thing about you being forgotten?" Hoseok asked tentatively.

Seokjin blinked a few times. "What? No, it's not that. It was something else. It's okay, I sorted it out."

Before Hoseok could speak again Seokjin quickly made his way to the cupboard, grabbing whoever's mug was closest. He went over to the coffee maker to pour himself a steaming cup.

As he did so, he heard Hoseok exhaling behind him.

"Hyung, I know you're dealing with a lot of stuff right now. Stuff that neither I nor the others can understand. But don't worry, we'll figure this out. I promise."

Seokjin's brow furrowed. Hoseok's comfort came out wrong to him somehow. He's regarding Seokjin as if he's a scared animal in a closed cage. When really, Seokjin's doing just fine! Well, he had been fine just two days ago, before the members came barreling back to his life and disrupting the routine he's had for months now. In fact, it's the members who had now indirectly brought a new set of problems for Seokjin.

So yes; somehow Hoseok's comfort didn't sit right to him.

"Is that really what you assume?" he asked, turning around to lean on the kitchen counter and face Hoseok. "That I'm in some kind of crisis right now?"

Hoseok's normally loose features twisted into confusion as he stared at Seokjin like he's trying to solve a puzzle. "What...what do you mean, hyung?"

"I'm saying," he took a deep breath. "You guys should focus on you right now. Worry about me later. You're going to have your comeback soon and that's more important. I'm fine Hobi, really."

For a moment Hoseok didn't reply, only stare at him as if he'd grown horns. Then he shook his head and stood from his seat to properly face Seokjin.

"What do you mean don't worry? Hyung, this is serious! We have to sort this out now because what if- what if it'll be too late and we can't reverse this and you'll be forgotten forever?"