9 - Idol

There's this interesting book Seokjin's been reading from the library. It's a guide for growing herbal plants inside your house.

A few days ago, he bought some seeds at a nearby florist, and he's been slowly but surely growing them in the little window garden of his room. Some ginger, some coriander, and some caraway. They're all little sprouts now, and Seokjin hopes one day he'll be able to harvest them and use them in some of his cooking. Hm, thinking about that alone makes his mouth water.

Plus, it makes a good decoration. The green leaves help make his room look less bland and a little livelier.

Wait. Seokjin backtracked at the thought. Since when has he been calling it his room?

It's been...

Hang on, how long has it been again? Seokjin had lost count.

Ah, that's right. Four months. It's been four months.

Seokjin doesn't know what to think with that piece information.

So far, he's doing alright. He's already conducted a good enough routine for his days. Take up small day jobs, cook and help out the café, go to the library, and sing at the park. It keeps him busy, but probably too busy though, since Seokjin had apparently lost track of time.

It wasn't that he's completely satisfied with everything, but he's content with it.

Until one day, a notification popped on his phone.

He was just peacefully watering his window garden when the ringtone caught his attention. He picked up his phone to see a notification from YouTube, recommending him a video from-

From BTS?

Seokjin nearly dropped his glass and spill water all over his bed. He gaped at the video title.

A whole ass music video named IDOL.

How had he missed such a huge update like this?

Though, now that Seokjin thinks about it, it does sort of make sense. Because at the very beginning, he promised himself to keep an eye out. He promised himself he'll continuously follow any and all news regarding BTS. That he'll keep up to date with every comeback announcement and new releases and gossips. Make sure none of them gets into real trouble and looks out for any bad rumors that might cause conflict the group. He told himself he'll watch the Bangtan Bomb videos and observes as much as he can to make sure the members at least look healthy and happy.

It's just that lately...he hasn't been keeping up with the news as much as he promised himself to. Working around the café had become a regular, and the longer the days go the more he favors going to the park with his guitar than browse on the internet about a Kpop group.

He had probably been a bit too distracted.

But know everything he's been missing came crashing down to slap him in the face. BTS had just made their comeback, and once again Seokjin is reminded so unforgivingly that he's not a part of them.

The video thumbnail glares at him through his phone screen. It's #1 on the Trending Page. Of course it fucking is.

His finger hovered over it for the longest time, hesitating because Seokjin knew how painful it would be to see his members again. To see them dancing and singing and smiling, all without him.

But in the end, he still watched it. He watched it again and again, start to finish more times than he could count. Then, against his better judgement, he went on to watch all their other music videos...and reality shows...and Festas.