13 - Epiphany

"Seokjin. Seokjin. His name is Seokjin. His name-"

"Yoongi hyung!" Namjoon grabbed Yoongi's shoulder in a tight grip to stop the other from restlessly pacing around. "Slow down. What- who are you talking about?"

Yoongi shook his head at him, but his eyes remained fixed. "Don't you remember him?" he whispered to Namjoon with a voice that's out of breath. "Kim Seokjin. Our Jin hyung."

Jin hyung.

Namjoon's blood went simultaneously cold and hot at the sound of that name. Then the memories start pouring in.

Jin hyung.

As if a dam had burst open, Namjoon's mind and soul spontaneously flooded with visions and feelings and pieces of his life from the years gone by.

Jin hyung.

His face and his voice. Crooked fingers and pink kitchen utensils and Mario toys. His jokes, his laughter. Eat Jin. Awake.

"Yah! I rap just like Jay Z!"

"Joon, do you want to practice late tonight? I know neither us are good dancers but two heads are better than one, right?"

"Joonie, did you hear? I finally get to sing first verse in Autumn Leaves! I'm so excited!"

"I just wish I had a line or two in this. I mean c'mon! Why do I have to be a banana? Or a clock or a plant? I shouldn't complain about it, but...I wanted to act..."

"Namjoon, can you help me with my song? I know the other members are already working halfway through theirs and I'm trying really hard - I really am - but I can't come up with anything. I'm sorry for the trouble. You're all so great, I don't think I can ever fly as high as you guys..."

Seokjin.

"Holy shit."

Namjoon's grip went limp, and Yoongi's hand flew up to hold them. A bewildered yet knowing look decorated his face.

"I know right?" Yoongi gasped out.

"I- no, it can't- what-" Namjoon stumbled through his words, not sure what to think of as he reaches deeper and deeper into his memories. All of it are there – everything about Jin.

He was about to speak again when the door behind them slammed open. Hoseok and the maknae line busted inside the dorm. Out of breath, their wide eyes searched the room until they fell on Namjoon and Yoongi. Namjoon already has the idea that they had remembered too.

"Guys," Hoseok gasped out, "I think we just had an epiphany."

*****

Just five minutes later they all took their places around the living room. A feeling of disbelief hung heavily on the air.

"I can't believe this," Jungkook quietly said.

Hoseok harshly dragged his hand through his now messy hair. His feet, seemingly with a mind of its own, walked him in circles in the middle of the living room.

"We forgot about Seokjin," Jungkook said. "As in, we actually. Legitimately. Forgot."

"Like our memories just went woosh." Taehyung, who was sitting next to him emphasized the statement by swinging his hands. He nearly slapped Jungkook in the face, yet the boy stayed frozen with a dazed look in his eyes - as if everything still needed to be processed.

Yoongi, who hasn't stopped messaging his temples since the last ten minutes, grunted out, "we have to figure this out and- Hoseok, sit down."