11 - Something's Different

This episode of Run Bangtan is made up for the fic.

*****

It seems Big Hit never ceases to come up with crazy and crazier ideas of what their next Run! BTS would be.

At first Yoongi thought the game where they had to guess who each other is by smelling their skin would be the one to top it all, but no. Things just get escalated from there.

So when the staff announced horse riding as their next field trip, Yoongi wonders why he isn't surprised.

But then again this is the company who didn't mind thrusting them into a hoard of zombie actors. So, honestly, riding on horses is way tamer than every other thing on Run! BTS.

The problem is that horse riding, as it turned out, is much more difficult than it initially looked.

Hoseok becomes a jumpy mess the second he gets close to his horse. And when the handler helped him up to the saddle he starts blabbering about how high it is, and that he didn't expect horse riding to be so nerve wrecking like this.

(It's almost ironically funny to watch, because it reminded Yoongi of all those "Hobi is a Horse" joke that trended a while back.)

The other members however seemed to take it better. Golden Boy Jungkook, as usual, got the hang of horse riding a mere ten minutes after he mounted it. Jimin, Taehyung, and Namjoon also got used to it after some time. Yoongi himself was more content on letting the horse carry him wherever instead of the other way around.

It's all fun and games at first. But the laughter between them melted away as the shooting goes on until mid-day, when the scorching sun sits in the middle of the sky. Everything around them began to grow hotter and hotter.

"Ugh it's so hot," Jimin complained, wiping the sweat of his bangs.

Their staff and filming crew didn't look much better. The cameramen had visible stains on their shirts while the rest of their directors and managers fanned themselves with whatever object they have on hand.

Jimin glanced to where Hoseok and Namjoon were sitting under a tree, with Hoseok fanning himself and Namjoon chugging down a bottle of water. He decided to mess with them before they would start filming again.

"Super Jimin Attack!" he shouted as he snuck up on the two from behind. Namjoon spit his water out and Hoseok jumped.

"Jimin what the fuck?!" Hoseok spat, disgustingly wiping some of Namjoon's water that had gotten to his arm. Namjoon glared at Jimin, who immediately shrank down.

"Sorry, I was just joking around..."

"Well it's not funny!" Hoseok snapped.

"Save the fan service for when the camera is rolling, Jimin," Namjoon said coldly in the middle of the hot day.

"But I wasn't-" Jimin cut himself off when he saw the other two already ignoring him. He huffed and muttered, "You guys have no fun, jeez."

They filmed for a few more hours under the intense sun. With each second that passed their mood and energy depletes.

One of the final parts of their shooting is the race. Whoever gets their horse to the finish first gets a pack of coupons for some nearby restaurant.

In the end, Taehyung won. He cheered as his horse made it to the finish line. The others however aren't as enthusiastic, most of them looking miserable and just wanting to get out of the heat.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the grinning Taehyung. "Don't you think it's a bit unfair? Since you got horse lessons from before this when you were shooting Hwarang."