5 - Quick Jobs

Tbh the Tan couple are just plot devices ahahahah

*****

Over the course of the next two days, there are two things that Seokjin concluded.

One; his life, no matter how improbable right now, continues on.

When he woke up the morning after, he made it a goal to find himself a job. Because while he's infinitely grateful he has a place to stay for the time being, he still needs some income for his other basic needs. Like some new clothes because the one he's wearing is already three days old. And he intends on buying his own food as well, since he can't possibly ask the Tan couple for any more of what they've given him.

(Speaking of, the elderly couple never further question Seokjin's rather peculiar situation; something he's secretly grateful of.)

Unfortunately though, he'd realized rather quickly that there's no chance of him getting a real actual job anytime soon. Partly because he has no legal documents to prove he isn't some homeless alien, and partly because he has no experience whatsoever on any field other than idol-ing (singing, dancing, and looking good are all cool but not really useful when you're trying to get hired as a cashier worker at the 7-Eleven down the street).

Which brings him to his second point; Craigslist is a damn blessing.

There's lots of job offerings there that are quick and simple for anyone looking to grab some quick cash. And since they're usually only a few hours or one day long, Seokjin can easily do them without needing to pull out any legal papers.

The first job he decided to take up is babysitting. He's done a tiny bit of babysitting when he was a teen, where he's at a family gathering and his aunts and uncles trusted him to look after his baby cousins for a while. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

His client is a single mother living just two blocks away from the café. She had an important job interview that day and couldn't afford a baby sitter in time.

"You have no idea how relived I am that someone actually took up that offer online," she said as she lent Seokjin her toddler.

"I'm glad I did, then," he replied with a smile. "I'll take care of her. Good luck on the interview!"

Against all the fears that he had, babysitting went well enough for him and the toddler. Seokjin looked over her playing with her toys, gave snacks, and watched some kids shows with her on the TV.

Things went smoothly until afternoon, when Seokjin looked away from the reruns of Teletubbies to see the kid already fallen asleep.

"Welp, guess it's your nap time."

Gently he heaved up the toddler and waddled over to her room. He huffed when he lowered her to her bed, and Seokjin smiled warmly at the child's peaceful sleeping face.

He used to want children, once upon a time. But then he joined Bangtan and that wish just seemingly threw itself out the window.

Maybe he was too caught up with training and working that he forgot about wanting to raise a family in the first place. Or maybe it was just Jungkook.

Seokjin chuckled when he remembered how the maknae used to be such a baby in their earlier days. He remembered how hard he used to work, too. Staying up late at night to perfect the choreography until he collapses from exhaustion.

It's only been two days but Seokjin already misses them so much. He sat back, recalling some of their memories together.

*****