32

1 month later

"Slowly" Tobi warned as Naruto did his daily exercises. He had gotten a lot better and his body got stronger. Although, he was no where near as powerful as he used to be he could still hold his own. "This is so humiliating" he mumbled to himself as he felt the dozen or so stares.

Deidara laughed to himself, "Yeah he certainly does drag a crowd around these days" he said to Sasori as he looked at the encouraging faces of Akatsuki and the Konoha ninjas. "Why are you guys even here!?" Naruto asked frustrated as he stopped the treadmill. Everyone looked at each other in confusion, "Actually I'm not sure" Sai scratched his head.

Naruto looked around the room to see that everyone else was more or less on the same page as Sai. "Get out you clingy people!" he yelled waving his fist. "Yeah yeah" Deidara said locking his hands behind his head and strolling out. One by one they all left some more reluctantly than others. Finally alone Naruto sighed.

He grabbed his chest to wear a slight soreness still lingered. "After that Tsunade was hospitalized and I took everything in the medical ninjas to help her recover" he pressed his lips together. "Everything is really going down the gutter aye guys?" he asked as he entered his mindscape.

"Got that right" Fuji said stretching out on Kurama's side. Next to him was NB who was fast asleep. "So What brings you here kid?" Kurama asked lifting his head. "I've been thinking" he said cautiously as he went to wake up NB.

NB stirred and rubbed his eyes as he sat up. "I think it's time I left for a bit" they all looked at Naruto curiously. "I don't have all my power back but being cooped up here isn't exactly doing it" he said remembering his month stay at the Konoha clinic.

"Leave where?" NB asked the question on everyone's mind. "I want to go help Division. I can't stand to know that they're out there being chased. I also want to find out exactly how Leo was able to access my portals. I want to put their memories to rest, and this time I'll be more vigilant. They may not be as strong as the Akatsuki but they are still dangerous" Naruto said clenching his fist.

They were all quiet for a while before Kurama say up causing NB and Fuji to move. Kurama raised a hand so quickly that Naruto flinched. Feeling nothing after a few seconds Naruto opened his eyes to see Kurama holding out his fists with a grin. Naruto smiled back and bumped his fist. NB and Fuji came over and did the same. "Thanks guys" he said and left.

"And now to face screeching Tobi" he sighed but had a small smile. He got to his feet and made his way out and to the apartment. "Hmph and they said I couldn't walk on my own" Naruto smirked proudly.

As he took a few more steps that seemed to deep out confidence he tripped. "LEG CPRAMP!!" he yelled holding his left calf. After a few moments of this he got up like nothing happened and began his walk of confidence.

As he approached the door he couldn't help but stop and think. 'Is leaving really what's best? I mean they're my family, how can I just leave them? Maybe this isn't such a good idea' he lowered his head in self defeat.

"Seeing you give up that easily makes me wonder if you really are Naruto" a voice said from next to him. "Hinata?" Naruto gave her a puzzled look. He hadn't seen her since that night in front of her house. Her voice was more confident, her posture more refined, and her hair was cut off slightly longer than when she was a kid.

"What are you doing here?" he asked baffled. "I'm here to see Sasori-sensei" she gave a wide smile which only helped in confusing Naruto. "Sasori....sensei?" he let his head fall slightly to the side in confusion. "Ah Hinata you're early" Sasori said as he opened the door.

"Wait" Naruto looked between the two as they ignored him and began to talk. "Sasori what is going on?" Naruto asked leaning on the rail behind him. "Hm? Ah yes, Hinata has asked to become my pupil. I don't usually take any but she proved herself" Naruto was baffled Sasori did not accept just anybody to even look at him.

Hinata nodded happily, "Sasori-sensei has taught me a lot already, and although we differ in our fighting styles there is a lot I have learned from him. I think it's time to find my place outside of the Hyuga. It is best for my clan that they have my sister lead them instead of I." Hinata said her smile never faltering.

"I'm happy for you then" Naruto shot her a toothy grin. 'She was always a meek girl who was never really strong. Seeing her attempt to grow for herself is inspiring' Naruto thought with a warm smile. "Naruto it's time" NB said from inside Naruto mind. After Sasori and Hinata left to the training grounds Naruto took in a sharp breath and walked in.

•••

"I'll be fine" Naruto said patting Tobias's head. After a long long conversation with Tobi he finally folded as did the other Akatsuki. "I know it's just, *sniff* I'll miss you" he cried. They were all gathered at the gates Of Konoha. "Tobi look at me" Naruto said in a serious tone causing Tobi to look up.

"I'll be okay. I promise I'll come back. We're family after all and your home is where your family is" he smiled as hard as he could. "Okay" Tobi sniffled for a bit longer. "Naruto!" They all looked behind them to see Ayame running like mad with a ticket in her hand. "This is from dad" she painted as her shaky hand held up a small paper with small writing.

Naruto thanked her and she waved him goodbye. "What is it?" Konan asked peering over his shoulder. Naruto began to read, "ONE FREE MEAL AT ICHIRAKU. Must be cashed in or a great horror will befall you" they all laughed at the attempt of a ghost drawing. Naruto held it close to him 'Thank you.'

Rustling came from behind them as Sarah and the others appeared from the shrubs. "It's time" Pain said reluctantly. Naruto looked at each individually, "I'll be back. I never go back on my word" Naruto said turning around and running towards the others.

Itatchi who up till now had stayed quiet let a tear gently roll down his cheek. It hit the ground in a silent splatter. 'I know you will, but..' he let something out of his coat. No one seemed to notice as they were all looking towards Naruto's vanishing figure.

Naruto pushes himself off another branch finding it easier to move with each step. 'I'll make things right' he thought to himself in a quiet resolve. "KAA" Naruto turned quickly almost missing the tree under him as a raven flew straight for him. He smiled as it slowed down and flew side by side to him.

'My life has been crap since the first day I came to this earth, but now' he looked at the bird 'I wouldn't have changed it even if I could. My prince may not have had the happy ending you wanted Sarah, but I promise you will. Because once they do I'll have mine' his eyes closed peacefully as he ran through a field next to his old friends.