26

A/N: Hey guys sleepy af author here!😪 Just wanted to tell you that the I have all the questions for the Q&A just haven't gotten around to answering them so that'll probably go up this week. Anyway i'm done here so move along and read this criminally horrid fan fiction.

Naruto's POV.

This was so nice. I was so happy. Everything is perfect. She came back to me. I don't care if it's not really her. I just wish I could move. I wanna touch her hair. I wanna hug her. I wanna hold her small hands. I let myself stare at her sleeping face and just as i was about to look away I caught something. On her neck. There should have been a mark there.

It was a cute little birthmark that she always tried to hide. I stared at her clear skin. Now that I had a closer look at her she was so different. She no longer her pierced ears or that faded scar on her eyebrow. Nor did she have those tiny freckles on her hands like she used to. Everything was different.

And that's when it really sunk in. My delusion and happiness came to an end in the blink of an eye. She wasn't Sarah. Sarah died that day. I saw her die. I saw her slowly withering away as if she was a small flower who had no sun or water to make food. Even though she knew she was dying she would dream.

Dream of a life with me. A life with 2 daughters and a dog. A life where we would spend our days in a small cottage away from hateful people. And Division as well as the Akatsuki would come and visit. Kurama and Fuji would play with the kids while Sarah cooked. I would work in a nearby village in a ramen stand.

I remember how she would start coughing uncontrollably when trying to tell me the life we could have had. The story we would make together. It was nice. It was good to get away from reality and just picture myself in a small home with Sarah, two little girls, a dog, and Kurama and Fuji. I never forgot that vision although sometimes I wish I could, like now.

I turned my head with the energy I had left which was hardly enough. I couldn't stand it now. I couldn't stand staring at her face anymore. What was left of my happiness fell flat as I heard sobbing. "I'm sorry" Sarah whispered stroking my hair. "I know how much you loved her and she you so i'm sorry. That's all I can say. I really am sorry. I never planned on staying to long. The others and I have to keep moving if not we'll be found. We have yet to discover why Leo did this to us and we know that this will cost us our lives again." She ran her fingers down my cheek one last time before she got up.

"I hope you know that Sarah wants you to be happy. She doesn't want to see you like this. So for both Sarah and me, find someone who can be with you till the end." She said. I kept looking to the side as I heard the door click.

The house was still filled with small chatter. The tv could be heard from all the way over here. I let my tears flow free. I just wanted to go home. It was cold here. It felt like I was in a meat locker. My mind then clicked a bit. Didn't Hinata give me a scarf? I then remember dropping it when I saw Sarah. My heart clenched. I had stepped on it, the fabric tore under me.

I felt it but I didn't stop. It must have felt horrible for Hinata. She took so long and I destroyed it just like that. I truly am a horrible person. I wanted to laugh out loud but my body wouldn't let me. It was a miracle i was able to stand before. Or maybe it wasn't.

I tried to move my hand. It lifted a bit but fell again. Usually that would make me pass out but I didn't feel sleepy. Why was this happening to me. I felt like an idiot at that moment. Yup typical desperate kid sold half his soul to a reaper, idiotic huh? Now what did that guy say. I didn't give away my soul for just anything it must have been something important but I can't seem to remember.

"Naruto" I turned my gaze to the door which was hard since I had turned my head away from it. Well this was embarrassing. I'm sure I still had tears on my face even though I stopped crying a while ago.

"Sarah....Sarah and the others are gone now." I could here the sadness in Tobi's voice but I knew that he realized they weren't them. "I guess we deluded ourselves again, huh?" he laughed akwardly. "Um...you know Sakura is-" he stopped knowing that it wasn't the time.

Plus even though I lost my connection to Sakura I knew already that she felt no love for me well not in the way she thinks at least. She cares that's for sure but she seems to confuse that with love. Tobi sighed "Don't worry little bro you'll get your strength back when we find a replacement for your amulet but for now hang in there." he said and left.

That's right. My amulet. How would I get a replacement for that? This was gonna be a long year. Come to think of it isn't Iruka sensei's birthday coming up that should be fun seeing as i've missed so many. I knew that his birthday was still a long time away but I needed the distraction.