18. Wild Irish Roses

"No bitch, I'm not lying

   "No bitch, I'm not lying. I fucking kissed Davante," I said as I stood in my bathroom braiding my hair on FaceTime with Summer.

"Well tell me the story again," Summer said as she blew her nose into a tissue.

   I told her the story again and I decided, I needed to hang up to just have some time before catching the bus. This was only the second time that I had talked about my kiss with Davante and it had been a week since it had happened. "Hey Summer, I'ma call you back later on tonight. I gotta go, okay?"

   "Bitch, you know damn well you not calling me back. Do not lie to me. Bye babe." With that Summer hung up the phone.

   I laughed at her knowing me so well and texted her "hope u feel better". It was Wednesday morning and she had been sick for four days and hadn't made it to school yet this week.

   I finished my braiding my hair and grabbed my camouflage jacket and made my way to the bus stop, which was a little down the street.

   I hate riding the bus, which is the main reason as to why I can't wait to get a car. The people on the bus were so loud for it to be around six-thirty in the morning and I'm not a morning person, so you can see how that went. I pulled my airpods out of my coat pocket and put them in my ears. I tapped on Spotify to aid me in drowning out the noise of the other bus riders by turning the volume as loud as it could.

   There was a space on the bench beside two sisters and a quiet boy, which I decided to take until the bus came in a few minutes. A few minutes passed and the bus came, we all boarded the bus. I took a seat in the middle hoping no one would sit beside me.

   It ain't no Backwoods on this side of town,

   Wanna ride with me to get some more?

   Pick a couple of Wild Irish Roses

   You lookin' mmm-mmm-mmm delectable,

   Made arrangements for that edible

   Doubled booked if it's cool, your friend can roll through

   I let Smino's lazy voice serenade me on the way to school as I looked out the window. I got a notification telling me that Jason texted me. I opened it and he said that he would pick me up after school and I replied with "Ok I'll be at the library after school".