16. Yea!!

My alarm went off at precisely seven in the morning, I leaned over to my nightstand and turned it off, then I grabbed my phone

   My alarm went off at precisely seven in the morning, I leaned over to my nightstand and turned it off, then I grabbed my phone. Should I even go to this workout class? I'm not a morning person, but once I'm in the "groove" of being up, I'm fine. I was still laying in bed, checking my Twitter feed when Ayesha opened the door to my room.

   "Asia," she said in a sing-song voice. "Get up, girl!"

   "I'm up. I'm up. When did you get here?"

   "Literally like an hour ago. Ricky pulled up to my dorm at like two in the morning, like 'I'ma sleep here tonight, so in the morning we can wake up and go home.' And now I'm here."

   "That's good, but you better not let Mama hear that he slept in your dorm or it's over for you."

   "Girl, I'm older than you which means I know how to play this game with her. But when I came in she was leaving and now since I'm here, Aunt Dana doesn't have to come to send you off with Trey." My mama trusted me, but she wasn't crazy. Since she had to work when I would be leaving, she asked my Aunt Dana to come over. This was to be sure that I left with Trey and nothing else happened.

   "Alright, I gotta go shower and I'll be out in a minute," I said while sitting up to adjust my bonnet.

   Ayesha was halfway down the stairs when she yelled, "Okay sis, just be ready by 8:30, so you aren't late."

   I staggered out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I started to brush my teeth, while I waited for the shower to warm up. After a 30 minute shower, I dressed in my sports bra and panties before I questioned myself. Do I wear my workout clothes to the gym or change at the gym? I didn't want to look stupid in front of Trey and Davante, so I facetimed Ayesha from the bathroom.

   "Yo?"

   "This might be stupid, but do I change at the gym or wear my workout clothes to the gym?"

   "Asia, you act like I workout, I don't know. But I think Ricky wears workout clothes to the gym. Wait. Nevermind, I really don't know."

   "Thanks for nothing." I hung up the phone on her and proceeded to call Jason.

   While I searched for his contact, Ayesha yelled, "Don't hang up on me bitch!"

   I yelled back, "Shut up hoe!"

   Jason's number sent me straight to voicemail. Fuck. If I didn't have anxiety, I wouldn't even bother to worry when to wear what. Thanks to anxiety, when I do simple, normal things; I feel awkward and out of place. I sucked it up and facetimed Trey.

   "Wassup? You canceling already?"

   "Oh hush Trey. I need help on what to wear."

   "Asia. I know you not facetiming me with a sports bra on asking what to wear. If you want me to see you naked, you coulda just said it. And if you wanted to fuck around, its gotta be after the workout class, but right now you gotta get ready."