10. hml

Kris' mom took me home, and I knew that I was going to be home alone because I got a text from my mother telling me to "lock the doors as soon as I got into the house", which I did

Kris' mom took me home, and I knew that I was going to be home alone because I got a text from my mother telling me to "lock the doors as soon as I got into the house", which I did. Then, my phone vibrated. It was Jason. Already?

   I'd hate to admit it, but I probably wasn't going to FaceTime Jason

I'd hate to admit it, but I probably wasn't going to FaceTime Jason. Or even text him back. My reason why sounds so crazy aloud, but in my head, it seems a bit logical.

Firstly, I don't like texting at all, which makes me a horrible texter. Even my friends used to tell me this, I either text back quickly to get the conversation over with or don't even bother to text back at all. Well, I used to be this way with my best friends, but I'm over that phase with them. This being said, texting made me nervous. Why? I'm about 80% body language when I communicate! You cannot see what I'm doing over text or talking on the phone. Oh, but I don't like phone calls either.

I can't really explain why I'm like this, it's just who I am. I've been told that I have an "old soul", and that's why I don't like texting, but I disagree. I've been told, "You play hard to get when no ones trying to get you", also disagree. Lastly, I've been told, "You can't expect everyone to chase you", I completely disagree with this. Who have I asked to "chase" me? NO ONE!

Personally, I believe I think like this because I have the biggest fear of rejection and I over-analyze everything. Lately, I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone and I think maybe I will facetime Jason to overcome fear.

I simply texted Jason back, "hml". I hoped he knew that this meant to facetime me and not to text or call me. And he did. He was sprawled out on his unmade bed, "Wassup Asia?" He said as he showcased his infectious smile that caused me to smile as well.

"Hey Jason," I said as I took in his surroundings from over the phone.

"You know you just hit me with the ultimate fuckboy line, talking 'bout 'hit my line'. You tryna play me already Asia?" He sarcastically asked in his low, husky voice.

"One, I'm not sure if anyone says fuckboy anymore, so I'm going to ask that you don't, love. Two, how can I play you if we are only friends? Three, you obviously FaceTimed me, so it worked." I said with a sly grin on my face.