7. Bet? Bet.

I thought it was pretty clever how I left my number in her notes, but it's been a whole day and she hasn't bothered to text me yet

   I thought it was pretty clever how I left my number in her notes, but it's been a whole day and she hasn't bothered to text me yet. Maybe I did something wrong. Did I exit out of "Notes" before locking her phone? Did I accidentally delete the note? If she doesn't text back, it'll be fine. I mean I was only looking for someone to vibe with, not someone to fuck around with. Honestly, if I wanted that I could have gone to any of the girls at my school. Thinking about it, Asia doesn't even seem like the type to get down like that. She seems like she has morals or something.

   BUZZ!

   I looked down to see an unsaved number had texted me. I opened the text and it read, "So now you want my playlist?"

   From that text, I knew it had to be Asia, so I went ahead and saved her number. She waited to text me a whole day after I put my number in her phone, but here I am texting her back within seconds.

   After my last text, Asia went on and on about why she can't hang out with me alone

   After my last text, Asia went on and on about why she can't hang out with me alone. At the top of that list was that: one, she didn't know me and two, she didn't know my intentions. With this, I had to call her.

   "Hey, make sure you're reading these texts that I'm sending you. Like there are 100 reasons why the two of us can't hang out along."

   I smiled at hearing her voice. "Asia. Listen. I'm not gon' try anything. I just wanna chill. You know? Plus, you were in so much of a hurry the other day, you and your girls forgot your shopping bags."

   I hoped that this would persuade her to chill with me, but I had a feeling that she would still come up with a way to get around chillin' with me.

   "Shit! I forgot all about the clothes! Look, I can't hang out today, but you could come to my school tomorrow and drop them off. That's only if you want to though."

   I thought about it for a minute. I didn't even know what school she went to. It never came up in the few conversations we had.

  "I'm down. But, what school do you even go to?"

   As Asia answered with "Macintosh"; Trey, Nick, and Cam walked into my room and Nick was holding a basketball. Despite the fact that Nick only played football and soccer, he was pretty good at basketball. Last year, some of our team's best players had graduated and left us with a pretty questionable team. Jason and I had talked about convincing Nick to try out, but that would be a challenge because Nick's father, David, wanted Nick to focus on school more than sports. Being that Nick was complaisant with his father's rules, he didn't try out for basketball.