Secrets Revealed

Photo is of Daryl in wolf form!

That night, the moon was full and the light cast an eternal glow upon the earth, bathing the land in moonlight. Standing in the courtyard, Jade watched the group, arms folded with Soren beside her. So far, none of them had made any move to try and take the prison, but she wasn't about to leave them alone so they could plot against her family.

Soren was more confused by the man with the crossbow, his scent smelt off to the white Direwolf, it was like he was trying to hide something but what? (In case none of you know, Daryl masked his scent as a wolf with herbs and plants in the woods so the wolves didn't know what he was.)

And he was suspicious about the man, the way he stared at his little sister was unnerving to him, it worried Soren greatly, but he would push those thoughts aside for the time being.

Footsteps made Soren's ears twitch and he turned his head, seeing Lara walk over with a bowl of hot stew Jonah had cooked up, the smell made the wolf drool.

"Hey, guys." Lara greeted, coming to stand beside Jade and holding the bowl out to her, the Snow Queen took the bowl, frost forming on her hands to keep them from being burned by the hot food. She set the bowl down on a table near her as Sam walked out, carrying a slightly bigger bowl and setting it in front of Soren. "Here you go, Soren."

The white wolf smiled in gratitude. "Thank you, Sam." leaning down, he started to eat his food, humming in delight as the taste hit his tongue.

"How is everything?" Sam asked, standing beside Lara and staring at the group beyond the fence, a fire going in the middle of them all.

"So far, nothing. But I know not to turn my back on an enemy." Jade said, remembering Roth's words and his training. Lara smiled briefly, knowing he'd be proud of them for trusting their instincts.

The growls of the undead outside the prison disrupted the quiet night, Jade sighed before looking at her family. "I'm gonna do a perimeter check, take out the undead that are clawing at the fence." she told them, grabbing her dagger from its sheath on her left wrist, as she still wore her dragon suit.

"Okay, just be careful." Lara said, knowing not to argue with Jade, it'd just end up getting really cold!

"I'll come with you, make sure nothing sneaks up on you." Soren said gently, the Snow Queen nodded her head and pulled the gate open, stepping out into the field as Soren followed, she shut the gate and made her way down, her older brother one step behind her. He glanced at the humans with narrowed eyes, noticing how they were watching his sister, he snarled quietly at them and picked up his pace, padding alongside Jade.

She unlocked the inner gate and slid it open, stepping out into the enclosed walkway, Soren right behind her, she shut the gate and walked along the path, dagger in hand as she grabbed her hunter knife from her belt, holding both knives in her hands as she started to stab the undead through the loops in the fence, their bodies dropping to the ground.

Soren watched her with proud eyes, his sister was always so protective and supportive of their family and didn't hesitate to jump to their defence, he loved his sister so much! She really took the leadership role seriously, not to mention that she was a great carer to Alisha, who looked up to her greatly. Her mother and aunt would be so proud of her, he just knew it!

The last undead dropped to the ground and Jade put her dagger and hunting knife away, turning to face Soren, who walked up to her and gently rested his head on her shoulder, she responded by wrapping her arms around his neck, her face buried in his white fur as she hugged him, she hadn't hugged her older brother for a while and felt it was time to do that again.