Chapter Three: Prepare to Die

"You've worn out your welcome," Mick hissed dryly. "Now, prepare to die... like him."

     Mickey Galloway's left hand start to cut into the young man's throat - barely nicking it - so I threw one of my tiny blades at the middle of Mickey's left hand. As I'd planned, my knife hit its target. It pinned his hand to the wall, skewering it.

     A scream of pure agony and anger flooded the alleyway. Blood still dribbled down the young man's collar.

     "You're alive," I smiled, "now take this chance to flee." 

     I took a breath, and I then flung a second, bigger knife into Mickey's other hand's wrist.

     The younger man stared at me in shock, stuttering something unintelligible. 

     "Go," I told the younger man, trying not to stare at his new injuries, and the blood that now stained his face, neck, and clothing. As worried and as shaken as he was, he nodded and took off, his exit music being the soundtrack of Mickey Galloway's screams.

     "Well, then," I continued over his screams, "I have just a few questions for you."

     His eyes bulged further out of their sockets.

     "You use steak knives on me, and now you want answers, you demon scum?" he gurgled out in between cries. 

     Then, he took a giant breath of air, almost puking because of the pain that he was in, and stared straight into my eyes in his slightly hunched-over position.

     "I'm surprised. I wonder just who told you. Perhaps I'll pay them a visit once this is all over."

     "I - I won't tell you nothin'."

     His forehead gleamed with beads of his own sweat. I didn't notice the large pools of blood he was making until then.

     "Listen. I'll make it quick," I smiled evilly. "You're dying already."

     "You'll let me know who killed my parents, why they killed them, and how they died."

     "Oh... that's  got you fired up, m'boy?" he laughed quietly. "Well, I can tell you that you won't find that out from me."

     "Then I'll find out from your gang," I growled. "I will not stop until I find them and how it happened. I will not hesitate to do anything."

     "Who gave you the tip that I knew the killer?"

     His eyes shone with bright fury.

     "Can't tell." I grinned another wicked grin. "You won't tell me, I won't tell you."

     "Play your childish game, boy," he panted. "It won't get you anywhere."

     "And idle talk with you won't get me anywhere, either. Say goodbye, Mick."

     "Wait, I -"

     I flung one last dagger, horizontally, at his throat. I watched rather sadistically as the light died from his eyes and blood jetted from his newly-cut throat.