six.

OLIVIA

"Where did they find this girl?"

"I heard she's eighteen. They're recruiting kids now?

"Did you see her hands?"

That was what I woke up to hearing the next morning. I stayed in bed, pretending I was asleep until the women all left, then I sat up on the bed and stretched. I looked down at my hands and indeed saw the red moon marks on my hands from clenching my fists so much.

I had been clenching my fists like this since I was a little girl, during stressful or depressing times.

Looking around the room, I was confused as to why I had to room with three other girls when we lived in this mansion. All of their beds and sections of this bedroom had a touch of their personality. One bed had pink sheets and magazine cutouts on the wall, like a teenage girls bedroom. The bed next to it was a mess, with the bedside drawer having some food on it. The section on the opposite side of me was neatly organized; made bed and her bedside drawer full of books and very organized.

I got up from my bed and made it, then grabbed my fresh set of clothes and undergarments as well as my toiletry items. I took a quick shower and then got dressed in the skater black dress with a white collar and white hems. For my makeup, I listened to what the two women told me to do yesterday and just applied cover-up and mascara.

When I got out of the room, I stopped by a big window with a window sill. It was very busy in the house and I didn't want to go down there. So I sat there for an hour, ignoring my empty stomach.

That was when Jon came up to me.

"Sleep well?" He asked me, crossing his arms. He was wearing all black: black jeans, a black t-shirt and black shoes.

I looked away from him and out the window. "Yes."

The cold was so visible from inside, but I still wanted to go to it. I felt like a caged animal in here. Actually, I've felt that way for a long time until I escaped Chicago. Now, I felt caged again and I wanted to be free.

"Can I go outside?" I asked him, after being confused as to why he was still there. Storm had probably assigned him to watch over me.

Jon shook his head and cringed. "You're not allowed anywhere alone except your room and the bathroom. You can go to the kitchen and living room if you're with me or someone else."

"Is this a joke?" I sighed.

"Sorry, Boss's orders." He shrugged. "He had to see your loyalty, then he will trust you enough around the house."

I huffed and looked back out the window.

"I guess I can just show you around. . . give you a taste of what you'll have soon." He offered and then motioned for me to follow him with his head.

I trailed behind him as he guided me down the stairs and down a long hallway that separated the east wing of the mansion with the west wing. In the west wing, was all the hangout rooms and fun rooms.

"Most of these rooms came like this when Storm bought the house. . . We don't use the majority of them except the gym, the men's room and the home theatre." Jon explained, before bringing me to the first room.