Welcome Home

Edmund relaxed into Peter's arms with a short sigh, realising only now the reduce in pain. He sighed again, they'd used Lucy's cordial.
"What's wrong?" Peter questioned worriedly at hearing his brother sigh.
Edmund slowly pulled away from Peter and looked up at him. "I told you not to use the cordial. I didn't need it."
This time Peter sighed. "That's not true Ed." He said. "You definitely needed it."
"I-"
"Ed." Peter cut in. "After that wolf - well, you know - You couldn't even stand."
Edmund looked down slowly at his lap.
"You said you were in pain." Peter continued. "And it looked that way as well."
Edmund sighed as he felt Susan place a hand on his shoulder.
"Why did you tell them not to use the cordial Edmund?" Aslan asked slowly.
Edmund looked up at him. "It's for emergencies." He mumbled. "I could've managed without it."
"Maybe you could." Peter said. "But seeing you in that much pain Ed, knowing that there was someway we could stop it. Well, of course we were gonna use it."
Edmund sighed again, resting his head on Peter's chest slowly.
"But by the looks of it." Peter muttered. "It hasn't worked properly."
"I'm fine." Edmund mumbled. "I'm not in that much pain anymore."
"But you're still in pain?" Lucy asked worriedly.
Edmund hesitated. "Only a little bit." He mumbled. "But really, I'm fine." He paused. "I'm cold though."
"I'm not surprised." Susan said. "What happened to your shirt?"
Edmund hesitated. "They took it so that they could-" He stopped.
Susan sighed sadly. "It's alright." She whispered. "I know now."
Edmund gave her a grateful smile before wrapping his arms back around Peter's waist.
"Well." Lucy said suddenly, just as Peter was about to take of his cloak for Edmund. "It's a good job I thought of bringing an extra cloak." She finished bringing one out of her bag.
Peter smiled at her as she handed the cloak to Edmund.
"Thanks Lu." Edmund said, sitting up and wrapping it tightly around his shoulders.
Peter then wrapped his arms around Edmund's shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug.
"How about." He whispered in Edmund's ear. "We wait until it's light, and then we go home."
Edmund smiled into Peter's shoulder. "That's the best thing I've heard all week." He muttered.
Everyone chuckled, even Aslan.
"Well I'm glad." Peter whispered, smiling at his brother with tears in his eyes.

☆☆☆

"You're finaly home." Lucy whispered into Edmund's ear as they stood on the beach, staring up at Cair Paravel.
Edmund smiled for a moment, until his smile disappeared and was instead replaced with a look of worry.
"What's wrong?" Susan asked as Peter frowned at his brother.
Edmund looked up at them both. "What about the Narnians?" Edmund asked in almost a whisper.
Peter took a deep breath. "Ed." He said, kneeling down in front of his brother, gripping both his arms. "If they say anything horrible about you, I swear-"
"Peter!" Lucy said firmly, warning her brother.
Peter sighed. "No Lucy." He said. "I won't stand by and watch whilst they say that stuff!" Lucy sighed at him. Peter turned back to Edmund. "I'll have a right go at them if they say anything, okay?"
Edmund couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his face. "Okay." He whispered.
"You'll be fine Edmund." Aslan said softly.
Edmund nodded slowly, clinging to Peter as they walked up the beach.
Edmund's heart pounded in his chest as they walked up to the castle and entered. Everywhere seemed desserted.
"Where is everyone?" Lucy asked, frowning.
"I don't know." Susan whispered.
Just then a small side door opened and out walked a faun. At catching sight of the four children and Aslan he gasped.
"He's back." He seemed to mutter under his breath.
The four frowned at each other whilst Aslan just stood behind them smiling.
The faun paused for a minute before: "He's back!" He said, a little louder this time. Then he laughed in joy. "He's back!" He shouted.
The four stared at him, Susan and Lucy wide eyed, Peter smiling slightly and Edmund frowning.
"He's back!" The faun screamed as he ran back into the room he'd just come out of. "King Edmund's back!" They heard him shout in joy.
Edmund's eyes went wide. He glanced up at Peter, who was smiling down at him.
"Anyone would think you're back." He chuckled.
Edmund stared at him for a moment before letting out a sigh of pure relief. The Narnians were actually glad that he was back. He hardly had anytime to think as at least another twenty Narnians came running out of the room.
They all walked up to him, smiles on their faces.
"So glad your back."
"The whole kingdoms been worried sick"
"Glad to see you're safe."
"We're ever so sorry."
Edmund was taken aback. He stood there, taking it all in with wide eyes.
His siblings stood and watched, laughing joyfully as Aslan watched from behind, a smile across his face.
After a while Peter looked down at his brother. He took a deep breath as he saw the look on Edmund's face. Suddenly realising that this was too much for him to handle, he took a deep breath.
"Okay, okay!" He said, not shouting, but raising his voice enough to be heard over everyone's rejoicing.
Everyone fell silent and stared up at him, half of them looking rather worried for what he was going to say.
Peter stared at them. "Whilst I'm sure Edmund is thankful for this, joyful welcome home, he does need to rest."
Edmund bit his lip, half glad that Peter had shut them all up, the noise had been rather too much for him.
Everyone nodded. "We totally understand your highness." One horse said, bowing his head.
Peter smiled. "Thank you." He said. "Now I'm sure we'll have a welcome home party or something in the next week so why don't you go and start preparing for that?"
Everyone nodded again and hurried off to begin preparations.
Peter looked down at his brother, who looked back up at him, a taken aback smile on his face.
"Welcome home Ed."