The note

Peter sighed as he sat at the side of Edmund's bed, watching his brother sleep.
He glanced at the clock. Midnight. He sighed again, watching as Edmund turned onto his stomach and buried his face in the pillows.
Peter smiled, placing a hand on Edmund's shoulder before walking over to his own bed.
He climbed under the covers and, casting one last glance at Edmund, layed down and fell asleep.

☆☆☆

Edmund frowned as he awoke the next morning. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up in bed, the covers falling off of him.
He frowned again as he looked down at his lap. There was a folded up piece of paper, with one word written on it. Well, one name. Edmund.
Edmund slowly took hold of the paper and unfolded it. It was a note. Who would be leaving him a note? He thought.
He glanced over at Peter, who was still fast asleep. He frowned, looking back at the not and beginning to read.

Edmund,
You don't actually believe your siblings, do you? When they say that it wasn't your fault and that you shouldn't blame yourself? That you aren't a traitor and deserve to be a King?
Because, they're lying to you. Of course it was your fault, and you should definitely blame yourself . You went to the witch by yourself, didn't you? No one forced you to go. You betrayed everyone for sweeties.
Why would your siblings love you after that?
You're a traitor and definitely don't deserve to be king.

And that was it, no name or nothing.
Edmund took a deep breath, trying to hold back the tears. He scrunched up the paper and threw it onto the floor.
He sat there, eyes wide and glassy.
Who had left the note? Well, it was obviously someone who didn't like him, so... about half the Narnians?
Edmund sighed, lying down as he pulled the covers over his head. He lay there in darkness, letting the tears slowly roll down his cheeks.
Why did he even bother trying to get the Narnians to like him? It obviously wasn't working. Maybe he wasn't trying hard enough? Yeah, that sounded, reasonable?
He frowned, there was someone stood beside him. Edmund's heart skipped a beat as he slowly pulled the covers off his face, wiping away the tears before he did.
He blinked in the light and looked to the side, to see Peter, with the peice of paper in his hand, looking down at it with an angry look on his face.
"Peter?" Edmund whispered, catching the attention of his brother.
Peter stared at him. "Who gave this to you?" He asked, waving the note at Edmund slightly.
Edmund bit his lip as he shrugged. "Don't know." He said quietly. "I woke up and found it on my bed."
Peter sat beside Edmund. "Well, someone must of put it there." He said.
"Obviously." Edmund said.
Peter frowned. "You don't actually believe what it says, do you?" He asked.
Edmund hesitated.
"You do?" Peter said.
Edmund sighed before nodding.
"Edmund." Peter sighed. "You shouldn't. Of course we're not lying. We would never do that to you."
Edmund shifted slightly.
"We love you and have never once placed the blame on you."
"But why?" Edmund asked, looking up at Peter.
Peter sighed. "Because it wasn't your fault." He said.
Edmund bis lip.
"It wasn't your fault." Peter repeated.
There was silence until Peter took a deep breath. "Right." He said. "We're going to find out who left this note. After breakfast, I want everyone in the throne room."
Edmund nodded slowly.
"And whoever gave it to you will-" But he was cut off by Edmund.
"Peter." He said warningly.
Peter sighed. "Alright. They'll have a server talking too." He said.
Edmund smiled weakly before getting out of bed and walking to the wardrobe.

☆☆☆

"After breakfast." Peter told his sisters as the four sat eating. "I want you in the throne room. I want everyone in the throne room."
Susan frowned. "Why?" She asked, buttering her toast.
Peter took a deep breath. "I want to find the person who gave Edmund the note." He said.
"What note?" Lucy asked curiously, looking from Edmund to Peter.
"Edmund woke up this morning to find this on his bed." Peter said, handing the note to Susan.
He gave Edmund a small smile as Susan read it, Lucy peering over her shoulder.
"Why would they give you this?" Susan asked her little brother.
Edmund shrugged. "Because they obviously don't like me." He whispered.
Peter sighed, casting Susan a sad glance as she placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder.
Edmund smiled slightly at her, nibbling his toast. After a few moments he sighed. "I'm not hungry." He mumbled.
Peter frowned. "Are you sure?" He asked.
Edmund nodded. "I don't want anything." He said.
Peter sighed but let him have his way.
Edmund leant back in his chair, swallowing thickly as a memory of his time with the Witch passed unwelcome through his mind.
"Ed?" Lucy asked at seeing the expression on her brothers face.
Edmund looked at her and forced a smile. "I'm fine." He said.
Lucy bit into her toast, looking over to Peter who was staring at Edmund with a worried look on his face.
"Let's just go and get this over with." Edmund said when they'd all finished eating.
Peter nodded in agreement. "Come on then."

☆☆☆

"You gave him the note?"
"I did"
"And you didn't get spotted?"
"I didn't go anywhere near the castle, I used magic"
"Clever. Well, our plan is going perfectly. Soon that little traitor will think that no one likes him, that everyone thinks of him as a traitor - which he is"
"And then what?"
"Then, we kidnap him. He won't bother trying to escape because he'll think that there's no point, that if he went back he'd get kicked out again. We'll keep him for a while - But not too long so his family can rescue him - let's say, a couple days. We'll make him wish he'd never been born, and then, we kill him."
"That sounds perfect"
"Perfect." The wolf repeated.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆