Shout

Edmund stared at the note, unable to stop the tears falling.
He didn't even look away from it when he heard the door open. He did however look up when he heard Peter's voice.
"Ed?" He asked worriedly.
Edmund glared at him, wiping the tears from his cheeks.
"Is that another note?" Peter asked warily.
Edmund nodded, not saying a thing.
"Oh Eddy." Peter whispered walking over and sitting by Edmund.
Edmund immediately moved away from him, taking a deep, shuddering breath.
Peter frowned. "Edmund, what's wrong?" He asked. "What does the note say? Do you know who gave it to you?"
"Don't pretend you care Peter." Edmund said.
Peter frowned again. "What do you mean Ed?" He asked.
"You know full well what I mean Peter." Edmund said quietly.
"Edmund seriously." Peter said. "What's wrong?"
Edmund took a deep breath. "Why didn't you just tell me?" He said, an angry tone in his voice, but Peter could hear the sadness too.
"Tell you what?" Peter asked, now really confused.
"That you hadn't forgiven me, that you still think of me as a traitor!" Edmund nearly shouted.
"Edmund what an earth are you on about?!" Peter said, eyes going wide. "Why would you even think that!"
Edmund shot a death glare at him. "You wrote it! Left me the note to read!" He shouted, standing from the bed. "But that's not even the worst part! You waited this long to tell me! Pretended to care about me! Lied about everything!"
"Edmund. What do you mean?" Peter said, lowering his voice slightly. "Who's the note from?"
Edmund snorted before shoving the note into Peter's hands.
Peter looked down at the note, reading it. His eyes went wide though as he saw who it was signed by.
"Edmund I didn't write this." Peter said.
"It's your handwriting!" Edmund shouted. "And it's signed by you!"
Peter looked back down at the note, shocked to find the handwriting looked almost identical to his own. "I didn't write it Ed!" He tried again.
"You just keep on lying!" Edmund screamed. "Why!" He paused. "I get it! You hate me! You think I'm a traitor. You don't think I deserve to be king! You probably never want to see me again after today!"
"Edmund, that's not true because I didn't write this!" Peter shouted. "I do love you! You're definitely not a traitor! And you're the most deserving of any of us to be a King!"
"Stop lying!" Edmund shouted. "You've literally just written it! Why are you still lying about it!"
Peter frowned again. "I told you Ed. I would never write this!"
Edmund went to turn and leave but Peter grabbed his arm.
"Why don't you believe me?" Peter asked, trying to calm himself down.
Edmund didn't answer his question but carried on to say: "What about the girls? Do they hate me to? Did they agree to you leaving the note?!"
"Edmund this is ridiculous!" Peter said. "Why would you even think for one second that I left that note?"
Edmund pulled out of Peter's grasp. "Why are you still trying to deny it!" He screamed. "It's obvious you wrote the note!"
Peter took a deep breath. He was shocked that Edmund actually believed that he wrote the note. He sighed. But then again, what Edmund was going through, he couldn't say he wasn't surprised.
"Edmund please." Peter begged, trying a different approach than just shouting. "I didn't write the note."
Edmund's eyes went wide. "I don't believe it!" He shouted. "You're still lying to me!"
Peter bit his lip. "Okay." He said. "How did I leave the note when I've been with you all day?"
Edmund paused. "You haven't been though." He said. "You left me, said Mr.Beaver had something for you to do. What did he want you to do Peter? Or was that a lie too?!"
Peter's eyes went wide. "He came to fetch me because Orious wanted me to train!" He said, trying his hardest not to completely lose it.
Edmund snorted.
Peter sighed, thinking. He then went to pull Edmund into a hug, he didn't know why, he just wanted some way of calming him down.
Edmund struggled to get out of his grasp, even hitting him in an attempt to get away.
But Peter just took it, keeping a tight grip around his brothers shoulders.
"Let go of me!" Edmund screamed.
"Edmund no!" Peter said. "You need to calm down! You're gonna hurt yourself in a minute!"
Edmund ignored him. "Let me go!" He screamed.
Peter bit his lip, only loosening his grip slightly. But it was enough. Edmund yanked out of his grasp, stumbling backwards and falling to the floor.
Peter immediately knelt down beside him when he saw Edmund flinch and grip his stomach.
"Ed are you alright?" He asked quickly.
Edmund glared at him. "I'm fine." He snapped. "Not that you care anyway. You know, I would've understood."
"Understood what?" Peter frowned.
"Understood if you never wanted to see me again. I would've left. I would've forgiven you. Straight away. But now you just keep lying! And you won't stop!"
"Edmund!" Peter said. "I'm not lying! Have you seen me trying to lie?! I'm awful at it!"
Edmund looked at the floor.
"Okay." Peter took a deep breath. "If I hated you, would I of protected you from the Witch when she said that you belonged to her and that she was going to kill you."
Edmund shifted slightly.
"Would I of comforted you after that nightmare you had that night? Would I of fought the Witch after she s-stabbed you? Would I of been the first to get to you after Aslan killed the witch?"
Edmund's expression changed slightly as Peter continued talking.
"Would I of let Lucy use her cordial if I hated you?" Peter asked. "Would I of thought that if you died I might as well."
Edmund finally looked up at him, eyes filled with tears. "Would I of hugged you like that when you woke up?"
The tears slowly made their way down Edmund's cheeks.
"If I hated you, why haven't I let you out of my sight for more than half an hour since Beruna?"
Edmund sniffed slightly as he stared at his brother.
"I love you Edmund." Peter whispered. "You're my brother. No matter what, I'm always going to love you. No matter how annoying you may get sometimes." He added with a small smile.
He could've fainted in relief when he saw a small smile appear on Edmund's face.
He placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder, and laughed through his tears for joy when he didn't pull away.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆