Doubts

MRS.SALMA:
"Please don't say such stuff,"my father in law tried to convince her but she just kept saying negative things about me because next thing I heard was my name .

"That is enough! SALMA is innocent she has already suffered enough don't blame her as it was all planned by Allah,"he continued and my respect for him increased, he had strong belief mashaaAllah.

"I am telling you just be careful of SALMA,"she told him in low harsh tone and I just  closed my mouth in fear of being caught .

Why was she against me all of sudden?

"Wasim will be hurt if he finds out your doubting his wife, our daughter in law she's like daughter now she's not with them,"my father in law tried to defend me.

Just go away Salma and prepare breakfast ,pretend like you didn't
hear anything .

I took slow steps so they couldn't hear and moved away from there I heard my father in law talking about her getting into the talks of  her friends and I just left from there it hurt so muc, because she still didn't trust me.

"Assalamualeikum,"I greeted maid with a smile and she smiled back.

"Waleikumsalam,"she replied while starting to prepare tea and coffee for some .

It was my first time so I asked her what everyone liked and disliked, at first she was hesitant but then she eventually mentioned  and we bonded instantly though she feared them she fears my mother in law.

I called everyone for breakfast and waited for them I served, waited for their reaction.

"Why aren't you sitting?"Wasim's voice startled me and I just shook my head.

"I will eat later,"I told him politely.

"That's nonsense and we are all going to have breakfast together,"my father in law said in a strict voice but my mother in law didn't even utter a single word even when  everyone was praising she had frown on her forehead  .

She din't even spare me a glance nor one word and that made me be quiet.

"What's wrong?"Wasim questioned me and soon placed his  hand in mine and entwined it. It felt better but I didn't show it; what if we got caught and I must have been tomato face by now.

What was he doing to me?

"You are mine,"he whispered and my eyes widened; what was wrong with him?saying such things on breakfast table.

"This is breakfast table not your room to romance,"a harsh voice snapped us from our thoughts and Wasim removed his hands immediately.

"Mom; what's wrong?"he asked confusion on his face and I tried to touch his hand to relax him but he was already bombarding so many questions. I didn't want them to fight because of me.

"Nothing,"she replied in short and my father in law just shook his head.

"There is something and I can sense some tension please mom we have never doubted anyone so far and we have always  cleared misunderstandings ,"he tried to explain in calm voice while I tried to be quiet and stared down.

"Since she has come in your life there has been problem. I told you to get married to that girl but you had to go to the enemies damn  party and fall in love with some unknown girl,"she said and her words cut deeply it was like me being in that house again and hearing those hurtful words. I tried to be strong but drop already fell and  I wiped it.

"Mom; who has filled your ears with such words ?"Wasim asked her politely  but she just stayed silent .

"I have been trying to explain her but I don't know what's wrong with her since some days,"my father in law said with disappointment.

There was total silence and after a while my mother in law just left without finishing her food and Wasim followed without even saying another word.

What's happening to us?I should be uniting this family instead its falling part.

"Go talk to him he's furious and he needs you,"my father in law suggested me and I looked towards where his wife went.

"Don't worry about her, now Wasim needs you now,"he advised me and I thanked him.

I took slow steps all while thinking about what his mom said;was it true that he was going to get married to someone else of his mothers choice ?did I really interfere in their lives?I was about to knock on our door since I felt extremely nervous and may be little bit scared of outcome so I knocked.

"Come in ,"deep voice welcomed me and once I entered I closed the door.

"What?"he asked when he sensed my gaze on him and I just kept staring  trying to figure things out.

I had so many questions . Sometimes some questions are better left unanswered.

"Ask him, don't ask him,"I thought to myself and finally thought of clearing doubt which I had.

"Did I interfere in your life?did you like that girl?I asked him and he stood up immediately his eyes widened and I knew it;he was mad at me like really mad.

*****
Please vote and comment

How was chapter and twist ?