Twist

SALMA:
"What did you say?"he questioned waiting for my reply and I told him everything.

"Why didn't you share it with me ya Allah you have been suffering it all alone,"he said while pacing in the room.

"Who is it ?"he asked but I shook my head in denial it was new number most of times or private number . Wasim was taking stress while he needed rest.

"Please sit down your arm is still healing Wasim you will hurt yourself,"I tried to calm him down while he was back to his business mode calling out and talking roughly have never seen this side of him.

Mum and dad(my in laws) were asleep but this guy here wasn't resting.

He threw phone on bed and sat while holding his face.

"We will be together in this please take care of yourself,"he finally took tablets and rested his head on pillow which was on headboard and stared at me.

He has been sent like an angle like a miracle in my life and he was stressed he couldn't do anything about accident he was blaming himself but he had saved me and hat was past it was written and it happened .

"Why us?from  first day of our marriage, yet problems keep following us like a shadow. I am supposed to protect you from every problem,"he said in pained voice.

"Wasim, please close your eyes and sleep you risked your life and saved mine you saved driver and he helped you; you are like a saviour my hero,"I said no idea where all boldness was coming from all of sudden and he raised his eyebrows while I looked away shyly .

"We will do something about these threats but for now my wife is changing and I like this side if hers as well,"Wasim whispered in my ears and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I was feeling nervous we were sitting so close to each other; this proximity was new to me I had never been so close to any guy he was first one my uncle and aunt always hurt me physically sometimes mentally with their words .

Were they missing me?

"Come here,"he pointed space next to him I was still not so comfortable with guys touching me but I was trying my best with my husband.

"Where were you all my life?"he whispered and removed the pin from my hair I always tied it since we had been together but it felt different when he did what he liked I felt loved and at peace when with him.

"Praying for you ,"I said in low voice and looked away I still remember how he found me and stood by his words.

We talked until sleep overcame us and for first time I slept peacefully next to my husband.

*****
"Wake up,"I whispered in his ears it was time of fajr (morning prayer) and he was sleeping peacefully but prayer comes first my mum and dad in law already prayed since she came and knocked and am glad she did since we slept late yesterday .

"Wake up Wasim; it's getting late,"I shook him and touched his head if he had fever I 're tied some prayers and blew on him and he was staring at me with smile. What a beautiful morning I thought and thanked Allah.

"Morning and assalamualeikum,"he greeted me I always thought negative about all rich guys when I stayed at my relatives but this family was just amazing.

"Waleikumsalam now wake up sleepy head,"I told him and stood up while he followed we did ablutjon he prayed in front and I prayed behind and thanked Almighty again and again .

We talked until 7.30 am and I thought why not make heavy breakfast today.

I was about to stand up but was pushed down again and small giggle escaped my mouth .Oh! someone was being romantic and yesterday he wanted to go to work!

"Where are you going at this time?"he asked and I just tried to remove my hands from his grip this was all new to me.

He was taking me to another level and spoiling me way too much.

"What will I do all alone?"he asked and stared at me I was about to give in but no he needed proper rest and he wanted to go work tomorrow.

"Sleep for now and wake up, have heavy breakfast be healthy and ready to work tomorrow your dad needs rest,"I told him like a boss he just stared at me like he din't believe I told him that.

"Yes madam!"he said and we both laughed I hope everything stays same between us.

I should try and call them mum and dad just they way they have told me I know it's not easy but I can try I was passing from their door and voices stopped me from going further it was like I was hearing something which I shouldn't .

"She's been trouble since she came in his life,"I heard another voice and flinched backwards.
Whom were they talking about ?was it me?

*****
To be continued...