I didn't want to move from that spot, not ever.

       A sharp ringing ripped through the most blissful, deep sleep I had ever had, and I wanted to scream. The soft warmth I was clutching at desperately snatched the ringing thing up faster than I could blink my eyes open. But the damage was already done.

       "Sh, go back to sleep." That soft gentleness brushing through my hair eased my head back down to the warmth from before, and I almost let it lull me back into that mindless stupor. Almost.

       I blinked at the dim light streaming through the window, my vision cut off by the body I was practically sprawled on top of. What in the world...? I raised my head, but that gentle pressure only tried to ease me back down. "It's early, Roza. Go back to sleep."

       Roza.

       Rex was here.

       I can't believe I forgot! And—and he was the warm soft thing I was clutching at like a desperate koala bear. I almost shot away from him like a rocket. "Rex?" My voice was groggy from sleep and I forced myself to lean off him as I rubbed a fist into my tired eyes. "What time is it?"

       He let out a long, tired sigh and the hard arm, that I hadn't realized was wrapped around my waist, kept my body pinned tightly against his. "Doesn't matter." His free hand reached up and tugged lightly at the end of my hair. "Now will you come back down here? I was enjoying myself." He grumbled and tried to ease my sluggish body back down once again.

       My mind was still all kinds of foggy, and I let Rex pull me back into him without a fight. Later on, when I was more awake and replaying that moment over and over again in my head, I would realize how close we were. Or how he was practically cradling me on top of him. Right then I just wanted to snuggle back into his hard warmth and go back to sleep.

       "Knock, knock!" The awfully loud banging suddenly sounding from my bedroom door disrupted the blissful ignorance Rex had lulled my mind into so easily. "Rose? You up? You're going to be late for school." Despite the muffled sound of Tate's voice from the hall, his words were like a sharp bell ringing in my ear.

       "Why the hell is your door locked?"

       I jerked straight up in the bed, Rex's strong arms falling uselessly away from me. Oh God. If Tate found out Rex had slept here, it would be World War III.

       "I-I'm getting dressed!" I called towards the locked door, heart pounding in my ears. "I'll be down in a little bit!" Rex had grown completely stiff besides me, dark eyes narrowed in the direction of his half-brother's voice. His strong jaw line ticked shut.

       "Alright... Your sister made breakfast."

       Rex, thankfully, stayed silent until the shadow beneath the door faded away and he sat up slowly beside me. I held my breath, completely aware of the anger straining his strong shoulders.

       "I don't like him being so close to you."

       I tried to keep my frown to myself as Rex tossed the covers away and turned to place his feet on the floor. "We're not really that close. I mean, we hang out when Luce can't and he's like an older brother to me but-"

       Rex let out a short, irritated sigh before bending down to grab his shoes off the ground. "Look," He grumbled as he pulled his shoes on with more force than was necessary. "Him and our... father," the word sounded foreign as it past his beautiful lips, "are pretty close. And anyone close to that sorry excuse of a human being is not someone I want you around—ever."