I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waitin' for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowin' what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

                        Simone

Hearing Gavin sing calms all my anxiety as I pick the microphone up. “You look, beautiful mommy. I love you so much.” Jonah said as tears slide down his face. “You are my first love Jonah I will love you ‘til I cant no more and that will never happen.” It was about time for me to walk out as I picked singing where Gavin left off.

Well, I found a man stronger than anyone I know
He shares my dreams, I hope that someday we'll share a home
I found a love to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be your girl, you'll be my man
And I see my future in your eyes

When we got to the center of the field we both sung the next part   

Well, baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass while listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Instrumental]  Gavin and I danced like we were the only two in the world.

[Both]
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, while listenin' to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect, and he looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight 

                          Gavin

Watching Simone walk down the field while fighting back tears was too much for me. As the song concluded she got Jonah’s arm again. “Who gives this woman to wed this man?” The officiating man asked. “I do” Jonah said with a smile as he hugged Simone and kissed her on the cheek. Shaking my hand he hugged me he put Simone’s hand in mine.

“We are all here today bear witness to the remarkable journey of love between Gavin and Simone. I’m sure they have their reason’s for choosing their high school football field.” He said laughing as well as everybody else. “The couple has chosen to write their own vows. Gavin.” He said

“Simone, where do I begin. Everything with us is so different yet it fits perfect. Even when I a teenager who didn’t know anything you gave me life, something I never had nor was I use to and when you left I lost me too. When you came back resurrected life back into.” I had to stop emotions took over me as I cried. Simone wiped the tears from my face but they fell more than rain ever could. “I can't begin to tell you how much you mean to me. I can't put into words the way you make me feel. You love me so much you put my dreams ahead of your fears taken a chance with me. It took a lot of years and dumb mistakes but I thank God, He allowed us to be together. I know what life was like before you. I know what my life was when you first came into it, I know the what life was like when you left and I know what life was like when you came back.  I said that to say my life is nothing without you. I am nothing without you, Simone. You are my strength, my next breath, and the woman I will love in this life and the next. I love you.”

I wiped Simone’s tears as she wiped mine. “Simone” the officiating man said.

“Gavin, keeper of my soul I can say how much I love you and name the reason but I know I would forget thousands of things. You took a scared and broken little girl and made her into the women you see before you today. I can't tell you enough how much I love you for that. Everybody sees you and the great football player and I’m honored you choose me to see that past the outer exterior. I think our souls fell in love with each other and we were just too dumb to follow.” She cried as she wiped her tears and caught the next ones that slipped out of her eyes. “I am not perfect but I will strive to be the best wife and mother. I just want to say thank you for allowing me to love you past your pain and you don’t have to have to worry anymore I promise you I will protect you, your mind, body, soul, heart and your spirit. I love you , Gavin.”

“You two have exchanged vows now for the rings. The rings a circle has no beginning or end and is, therefore, a symbol of infinity. It is endless, eternal, just the way love is and it is very evident between Gavin and Simone.” I got the rings from Jonah. “Gavin place the ring on Simone finger and repeat after me. The couple would say "I, Gavin, give you Simone, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you and only you" Putting the ring on her finger I couldn’t help but smile as tears stream down my face. “Simone” “I, Simone, give you Gavin, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you and only you.” She said as she put the ring on my finger.

“Is their anyone who can say why this couple shouldn’t be joined together let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” “Yall bet not say nothing and ruin my parent's wedding,” Steve yell out and the stadium erupted in laughter.

“Since no one but yall son had something to say, by the power invested in me, Gavin may now kiss your wife. Taken Simone in my arms and kissing her deeply and passionately. A few minutes later we pulled apart.  

“It is my privilege to introduce for the first time ever Mr. & Mrs. Gavin Langford,” He said as we walked off the football field husband and wife.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: