29- innocent

"N-no" your voice came out barely a whisper more like it accompanied your breath, your exhale. As if even the carbon dioxide exiting your lungs refused to carry this news with it.

"W-what happened, what did they do w-what..?" Jimin was panicking, confusion and anguish intruded his features.

"H-he'll be okay Jimin don't worry...the only thing we have to worry about is getting out, with both of you" you said determined that you would all get out.

You felt something change inside of you, you knew something changed.

All this time you thought that emotions would drag you down, that if you ever cared for anyone it would only make you weaker, more things to be taken away from you, more people to mourn more people to miss...more people with the potential of leaving you

And yes, all of that is true, but, it also meant more people to live for, to fight for, to love.

And so, instead of giving up and accepting the death you had waited for and hoped for for so long, you decided that you would stand up and fight.

You weren't 16 anymore, you weren't afraid anymore, and it was time for you to leave this place once and for all.

"Get up" both boys looked at you surprised by the authority in your voice

"I said get up, Taehyung I know it sucks that you have some pointy teeth and can hear really well and I know you're scared because you don't know what may happen later, but for fucks sake look at me" you motioned your hands up and down at yourself, "you'll survive, but only if you get up right now and stop moping about something that, frankly, you deserve" his eyes shot up and widened, he was...offended.

He opened his mouth to protest and you knew you had gotten your taehyung back, "please, if I am wrong, tell me otherwise" and he shut his mouth, wincing slightly as the long canines he is not used to punctured his gums slightly.

"And jimin, I know this is insane, I know it's a whole fucked up and psychotic world you could and should have never had to understand, but here you are, stuck right in the heart of it, so, I need you to get your shit together" both the boys understood, begrudgingly, but they did. They understood that they needed to put on their big boy pants and get the hell out of this place.

You opened the door slightly, looking around for any sign of life, surely the guards would be around, surely the doctors would be here. Everyone knew you were out, they knew you would come looking for Taehyung. Where was everyone?

You took the first step out, the sound of your new white tennis shoes Jimin had bought for you the only sound present in the dim hallway. The screams even stopped...the screams never stopped.

It couldn't be this easy, it just couldn't.

You walked down the hallway with the two men trailing behind you. The sound of each others steps echoing through the halls.

Your eyes were cameras, searching every area, talking in every last detail, but, there wasn't really for them to capture.

The halls were empty, completely barren. All the labs and rooms also seemed to be empty cleared of each and every doctor guard and number.

It was a trap, too obvious a trap, your mind was a ball of scribbles and you couldn't understand them at all

You continued walking unsure of what else to do.

You stopped momentarily as you noticed an extra pair of steps, an extra pair of shoes tapping at the ground, an extra echo, an extra person

"Are you trying to leave me y/n" you heard the man say, an odd sadness to his tone, an anguish following his words.