26.

Olivia🦋

"I'm just saying. I think I have the right to meet the man that's taking my daughter all over the world."

"Daddy can we be official for a couple months before you try to meet him?" I laughed.

"I'm just saying, i don't know him. Other than you forcing me to listen to him, I don't know anything about him personally."

"I'll let you meet him daddy, I promise. Now's not the right time though. At least wait til we come off tour."

"Okay sweetie, I understand. Have you thought about moving to L.A?"

"Yeah, i've thought about it. I'm not gonna just up and move, i'm gonna stay out there for a few weeks and see what i can make happen. I'll base it off of that"

"Well baby let me ask you something."

"Yes?"

"How do you think you and Chris are going to be able to maintain a relationship on different sides of the world? Not only that, if you're going to be working for him then that's not going to be easy." I sighed.

"I know. My life is moving really fast right now and you know I get overwhelmed easily. I like moving at a slower pace but i'm grown, I need to learn how to handle shit."

"Absolutely right. Just pray about it and ask God to help you make the right decision. You know you can call us whenever. We're here for you."

"Us? We? You mean I can call you? You're here for me."

"Olivia, your mother loves you just as much as i do."

"I didn't say she doesn't, she just doesn't care about me like you do."

"That's not true, Olivia." She said in the background, making me roll my eyes. He never warns me when she's around.

"It is true mama... you know it, I feel it and daddy sees it, he just doesn't want to admit it."

"Olivia do you hear yourself right now? I am your mother, of course I care about you. You just don't like my tough love. You'd rather be coddled by your father than receive the discipline you deserve."

"Tough love? Tough love would be you being on my back, making sure my grades are up to parr. Tough love would be you not letting me go certain places because you're thinking about my safety. Tough love would be you giving me advice that I might not want to hear but need to hear. All you ever did was complain about what I do and tell me how I should've done it. That ain't no damn tough love, that's judgement."

"Who's been in your ear Olivia? You seem to have such harsh feelings towards me lately."

"Mama! This is not how i've been feeling lately. This is how i've been feeling my whole life and i'm just now getting the balls to say it. It's not harsh feelings, it's built up emotion that i've been too afraid to express. You made it that way. You made it to where I don't even want to tell you stuff anymore. Why do you think I run to daddy anytime something worth telling happens in my life? You think I just have sour feelings towards you. You think I distance myself from you for no reason? No, why would I treat my mom, out of all people like that for no reason?"

"I really wish you would've told me how you felt earlier. I feel like my child doesn't even love me."

"Oh my god. Are you listening to the shit you're saying? Are listening to what i'm saying? Are you really grasping what i'm telling you? You don't listen! You hear what you want to hear and then you tune the rest out so you can think about what you want to say."

"I don't want to argue with you Olivia."

"That's fine. Give the phone back to my daddy, that's who I called anyway." I hated to be disrespectful towards my mom but at this point, i'm just so over the bullshit.