12.

Olivia🦋

I was woken up by banging on my door. I jumped out of my bed and grabbed my phone. Who the hell was at my door 11:00 at night and why were they so loud? I looked through the peephole and saw it was Kyla. I snatched the door open and pulled her in. She was sobbing.

"What happened to you!?" I asked, looking at her bloody nose and bruised eye.

"Kyla... calm down, breathe. Tell me what happened." I sat her down and got her some water and a warm rag for her eye.

"Talk to me Kyla." I said, dabbing her nose with a wad of paper towel.

"Who did this?"

"It was him.." She cried.

"Who?"

"Malik!" My heart dropped. Malik was her baby daddy.

"What? Why?"

"I went over to his house because... I didn't have this baby by myself. He got upset and i-" She was all over the place.

"Start over. Calm yourself down first and then tell me what happened." She took deep breaths in and out and drunk her water.

"Okay. I went to his moms house a few hours ago to drop Kinsely off. I was telling her how he's never in her life and doesn't spend any time with her. She was telling me i should take him to court and then he walked in. He thought i was tryna turn his mom against him. He told her i was lying. I got mad and we started arguing. Olivia i don't even know what happened. All i know is he just started hitting me. I remember hearing his mom screaming at him to stop. I just felt him punching me over and over and i recall thinking; god i hope kinsely isn't hearing this. I didn't want my baby to be scared, ya know? She's almost one. She knows voices. I can't even remember him stopping i just know i was sitting on the kitchen floor, crying my eyes out and his mom was hugging me. He left... i don't know where he went but he left."

By the time she was done telling me the story, i was disgusted. I was so angry i thought smoke would come out of my ears. How dare you put your hands on the woman who carried your child?

"You need to press charges Kyla." She shook her head no which made me angrier.

"No!? This man had no right putting his hands on you. You weren't threatening him, you weren't hitting him, you were no danger to him." At least i hope she wasn't. "That is assault Kyla."

"Olivia if i put him in jail he's gonna fucking kill me when he gets out."

"If you don't do it, i will. He should not be walking around these streets. You know how many charges he can get? And that's off of this alone , they don't even know about the drug dealing. This nigga can get life."

"I don't know..."

"Well i do. We're reporting him." Just as i was about to call the police, my phone started ringing. It was a California number. I frowned. Who the hell is this.

"Answer it."

"I don't know who this is." She examined the number.

"Liv answer it!" She said excitedly.

"Okay okay" I said answering the facetime call.

"Surpriseeee!" It was Chris.

"H-hey.."

"You not working tonight?"

"No"

"Damn. I was hoping i would get to see you in uniform." He winked. I was hoping i would get to see you out of it.