25. Welcome Home, Honey

Start from the beginning

"I swear, you surprise the living daylights out of me every chance you get." Maximus whispers, even his lips smile widely as he cuddles.

"You're severely slow, Myers. Honestly, why didn't you just ask? I don't think you truly know me that well." I point out, though through a murmur as his weight increases with time.

He goes quiet, "Well, I guess going on that date, is definitely a great idea. In regards of trying to ask you, I kind of did." He points out.

"A simple ask, is not good enough in my books. You had to earn it, Maximus." I whisper, telling him the truth. He slowly lifts himself to rotate me then, before settling back as I arch to get comfortable.

He encases me in his arms once again, while I bend mine to place my hands on his shoulders as he feasts his eyes on mine in a lock I can't move away from.

"Have I?" He asks innocently, I nod and smile, as does he. Though his face loses the previous expression into a deadly serious one.

"How did I miss you? All those years...I didn't have a clue as to what I was looking for, and I curse myself every moment for not seeing you in front of me sooner." He murmurs, raising a hand to my jaw as he grazes my bottom lip with his thumb. My stomach churned at his delicate words, meaningful touches.

"I'm excellent at working in the shadows, Myers. I've done it for years." I reply as a whisper, he wonders over every word I say, confused but unsure whether to question further.

His heart trembles when he slowly leans in, both his hands slide towards my jaw, he's forced to add some of his weight on me as he shakes in anticipation.

"Will you do me the honour?" He murmurs, his breath is already grazing my lips.

My eyes connect with his, they reflect my own as green mixes with his violet. He devours me with his eyes but, holds me in adoration. He connects his forehead to mine just as I raise the tips of my fingers to the rough edges of his cheek. I wonder if he'd do it.

He closes his eyes as more deep breaths consume his body, he heats, like a fire burning brightly, I can already see it in his fatigue. I still remain cold, but melt at his glow, while he ignites all that was him.

He laughs before closing the distance. We were lips, touched and heat. Nothing more and most certainly, nothing less. Softer than I thought imaginable as they scorch through mine. He holds me, assured, yet his lips waver in his tinge of hesitance. Still unsure. Considering it is also my first kiss, the small voice in the back of my mind, says to remove those lips from mine, but my heart says to fade.

Fall into him or sacrifice the only piece of happiness I get to endure. I don't respond at first, not really knowing how to. His lips, inflamed and full as he tilts his head to the side, though unsure but obviously going with the way he feels. His eyes are closed, his eyebrows furrow in utter concentration. Wanting to get it right. His heart flutters once again, while I melt under the softness of his touches, his caresses.

When his index finger trails under my chin, I pucker my lips before allowing myself to kiss him. The small hint of a smile falls on his lips, he tips his forehead back on mine. The tips of his hair dangles in between, my chest shakes at my internal giggle as I raise my hand to brush it back. It seems to cause a rise out of him. He groans low in his chest, shortly after.

Each second ticks by when he tilts his head once more, lovingly moving his lips once more before pulling back.

He gazed into my eyes while fire lavenders crash in his, he surprises me further when he sighs in utter content, flushing his chest with mine, moving slightly down as his head locks at the base of my neck. He snakes his arms all the way around my waist. Crashing me in a warm, fiery hug. I giggle when he purrs, running my hands in his hair, as I smooth it out as he slowly falls into darkness on top of me, as he unconsciously wraps the sleeping bag over the both of us.