15. A Night of Clarity

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: A Night of Clarity

After the incident at interval, the others were tense by lunchtime when I take a slow seat at the table, raising an eyebrow at Maximus beside me when turns to me, I don't say anything as I meet his violet eyes, before glancing behind him when a note in a student's hand is passed towards me, "The Principal would like to see you." The girl says to me, holding out the notice in her hand. I take it from her and thank her.

Diana widens her eyes at the edge of the table, "Oh Lord, is this about the fight at interval with Daniels?" She says, Rosa-belle tries leaning forward to see the note as Maximus snaps his head my way and stands immediately. I give him a look, shaking my head at him.

He stares me down, "I am not letting you go down for this, I started the fight, Poppy." He says to me, shaking his head.

The student who was his assistant steps back up towards me, "This is important business, Miss Parker. The principal requires your presence immediately in his office. You alone." She says to me. I sigh, standing to get my side-bag.

"What is going on?" Diana asks me as I'm basically set to move Maximus back down in his seat. Ivan looks at me worriedly, the majority of them do when I look over to Diana.

"I'll find out and keep you updated. I doubt this is because of Daniels." I say to her, stepping down the podium, following the student and side-glancing the others, they watch me like hawks gathered around the table, wary, afraid, but the most dangerous. I step into Principal Dean's office.

He stands, next to two other males who narrow their eyes at me, "A student?"

"Gentlemen, this is Poppy Parker. She's one of the school's stakeholders and main contributor to the faculty." Principal Dean says, giving me an apologetic look, I raise an eyebrow, shaking the hands of the two gentlemen, who now stand stiffened.

"Of Parker's Manufacturing?" One of them says, slowly. Eyes gaining a wider incredulity than before.

"I am, but I doubt that is what you came here to discuss. Who might you be?" I ask them both, keeping a stoic look in my expression.

The male standing closer in front of me stares me down, "My name is Simon Rolland and this is Jerry Knox. Rolland and Knox industries. We thought you'd be older, my apologies. We're looking to invest in the school, understanding that it's competitors have not gotten close to holding the same reputation and on the same grid, we were curious as to why." He says to me, offering me a seat, his seat whilst introducing the both of them.

I give him a scrutinising look, "Then you signed an agreement for your disclosure. This must remain confidential, I am not known here for my work outside of the school and I am an anonymous shareholder, my family has been for years. The reputation of the school is not of my doing, the teachers, professors, staff and students all aid in ensuring the educational system run here is at its highest and most capable capacity. May I ask why you wanted to invest after looking at other schools?" I ask them, Principal Dean leans back, holding a smile under his cuff.